New Member - San Diego area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boltzilla

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the site and I want to properly introduce myself.
My name is David but everyone can call me Boltzilla. I'm a Chargers fan, so that might explain my screen name :) One my free time I spend quality time with my family, 2 kids and wife whom I've been happily married to for 14 years. One of my hobbies include Graphic Arts, I love getting creative and Photoshop so if anyone of you need a design done, let me know, I'm very affordable :Violin:
My first Ford was in 1999 when I bought a new 2000 f150, that truck came out with issues, at least my truck had them. The problem I had was with the head gasket, it blew out on me three times in under 2 years. That was a bummer for me and left me with a bad taste in my mouth. After the 3rd fix, I had no other problems. I ended up selling it in 2007. The following year I came upon an offer I couldn't refuse, and it was for my 2nd Ford. 1999 Taurus SHO with that Yamaha engine, that bad boy was fast and it was a stick shift with a kick! Well it had so much kick that my wife convinced me to sell it.. <-- thats the nice way of putting it :imo: I traded it in for my 3rd Ford and my current vehicle, a 2005 Ford Expedition 5.4L Vortec engine, I call him ALI, cause he fast, black and has a nice punch to it.. (not racist):angels2::angels2:

Well I'm here and if anyone has and recommendations, upgrade ideas etc.. please let me know..

Attachments

• Wheels.jpg
    Wheels.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 37

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What part of SD are you in? That truck looks kind of familiar. Oh, the Vortech engine is Chevy. Ford is the Triton. ;)

I would go for a tune first.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Boltzilla

Reaction score
What part of SD are you in? That truck looks kind of familiar. Oh, the Vortech engine is Chevy. Ford is the Triton. ;)

I would go for a tune first.

I'm in the Southbay.. That wasnt a typo, I did an engine swap lol.. Im kidding!! How in the world did I put "Vortec", I think it was the Lucky Charms I was eating that threw me off lol...

OP
OP
B

Boltzilla

Reaction score
Nice looking expy, glad to see another 2nd gen.

Welcome sir

Thanks Mike, I'm happy to be here! I had no idea this forum existed and I was searching for a transmission Gasket Kit along with a drain plug kit, and then I came across this site :favorites37:

I'll be doing a major service on Ali this coming Tuesday before taking him up to the river for our little vacation before my kids go back to school.
I'm lucky to work for BG Products, all the chemicals & fluids will be free :Rock on:
BG Products, Inc. | BG Products, Inc. is dedicated to making vehicles last longer and perform better in the meantime. <--- look that up, I recommend everyone to use this product!

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm in the Southbay.. That wasnt a typo, I did an engine swap lol.. Im kidding!! How in the world did I put "Vortec", I think it was the Lucky Charms I was eating that threw me off lol...

Cool. I live in Clairemont and work in Kearny Mesa. But I drive the Cobra all around for shows and hanging with my friends.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site...finally someone else that reference their truck as "he" besides me