Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, Bob B. here. I've owned 1999, 2001, 2004, 2006, and 2007 Expeditions in the past and currently own a 2020 MAX XLT FX4. I am a former Ford Engineer and I know a lot about the vehicle line from introduction to current production. I have a few tips for buyers of the Aluminum generation already:

1) If you find Windshield washer fluid on your garage floor, you have a bad check valve in the front camera washer nozzle and it is syphoning out. There is a TSB covering it. I can give more details on request. The repair is NOT trivial.

2) If your truck tends to wander, is vague on center going down the road right out of the factory...Get the toe checked and set. I haven't found up to date alignment specs for the Aluminum generation Expeditions yet; but, historically Ford lists F series and Expedition Toe at +0.20 deg +/- 0.20 deg, or total toe range from 0.00 deg to +0.40 deg. Which is ridiculous. The Expeditions will wander at 0.00 degrees or less. I just took mine from factory delivered -0.11 degrees to +0.32 degrees and it improved the straight-line handling dramatically! Don't suffer with a vehicle that doesn't track well.

3) I'm a bird hunter, and this Expedition is my hunting wagon. I built a truck vault like removable storage system for my truck that works great, if anyone wants dimensions, construction ideas, let me know.

I love my Expedition, it is overall very well engineered and well built, useful truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT