New Struts and Lift kit parts have arrived! Need Tire size help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

0627Devildog

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Anyone out there have any direct experience with max size spare?

OP
OP

0627Devildog

Reaction score
So, I am looking at BFG AT/TA/KO's and BFG Rugged Terrains. . . . Anyone have a clue what my rim width is? My truck is 4 states away at the moment. 17x7.5,8,or 8.5? I have the XLT pictured in my avatar.

OP
OP

0627Devildog

Reaction score
So, I finally pulled the trigger on the lift install. Had it done professionally as I don't have the time or desire to do it myself these days. While they were in there I had them install the Lift/Leveling Kit and 4 new Bilsteins. Once they finished the alignment they "gained 3" all the way around" when comparing measurements to the fender wells before and after.

I wound up going with BFG Rugged Terrain A/T's in 285/70R17 which measure a smudge under 33". They fit all the way around, no rubbing, and the spare fit just fine with even a little extra room.

Tomorrow, I take her on a 2 hour road trip to check out how well the new suspension handles on the highway.

Thanks to all who provided input on this thread.

Attachments

• expedition lifted.jpg
    expedition lifted.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 334
  • expedition pre-lift.jpg
    expedition pre-lift.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 233

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member