New tire time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For year-round driving, I really like the AT tires. I bought the Michelin AT2s and they seem really good in winter, and the same (although very slightly noisier) in summer. YMMV...

bjtj737

Reaction score
Take a look at the BF Goodrich all terrain TA KO2. It's not much more expensive than that kuhmo and an excellent tire.

Tdh777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I currently have the nitto terra grappler g2 all terrains. They ate meaty and handle amazing on and off road. Not load on road and great in the rain. They say 65,000 miles. Keeping them rotated people claim 80,000+. I will never buy another brand for my daily driver. I'm running 285 70 17 on stock rims

1969 Bulldog

Reaction score
Are you going to be doing a lot of serious off-roading? I had BF Goodrich A/T K02's on mine and the road noise was terrible. They're great off-road tires but after thousands of miles of hearing them on pavement I couldn't take it any more. I sold them & bought a set of Pathfinder Sport SAT tires from Discount Tire. They're 10-ply rated and are very quiet. I've only had them for a couple of months & it's nice to be able to have conversations in the truck without having to raise your voice. The tires have very good reviews. That, and the fact that they were under $120 each plus a rebate, sold me on the tire. I'm very happy with them so far. Just want to add this: off-roading is a very small part of my driving. A smooth, quiet ride turned out to be more important to me than extreme traction off the highway. I believe that these tires & 4WD will do it for me.

Last edited: