NMO mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was looking out the window of the house this morning and noticed that my 01 EB has an antenna plug in the roof. It was originally owned by an excavating company, so I assume it had BB radio in it at one time. There are screw holes in the console also furthering this assumption.

I am thinking about putting my old dual band Alinco radio into it. Since I have been in vehicles without sufficient interior room in them for the last 10 years or so, I haven't had a radio in my truck. As we all know the Expy is extraordinarily blessed with an abundance of interior space for gadgets.

Since I have been out of the mobile radio world, I have not kept up on the advances, coming and goings, etc. of the marketplace. What is everyone using these days? I will be running a short antenna that would be just a hair longer than a 1/4 wave 2m antenna. I don't really use UHF all that much, but having the radio already, its going to be employed.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me think :think: I have no clue what your talking about :confused:. Not trying to thread hijack, just trying to funny.

OP
OP
W

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MB8.jpg

Its an antenna mount for communication antennas. It can be used for just about any frequency. They are common in construction trucks for radios or cell antennas. I'm going to use one for 2m/70cm amateur radio.

This particular truck has three installed you can see in the picture.
12.jpg

Last edited: