no ac power to compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could make up a jumper and connect it to the black wire and the neg battery terminal just to see if the lack of ground is the problem If you look at the print I posted there is a splice connection in that ground circuit S102 If that connection is bad it also could be the cause of the problem

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you have power to the low side switch on the accumulator, bypass the switch by jumping the plug and check for voltage at the compressor or see if a/c clutch works. You may have low pressure in the system.

OP
OP
F

Fila571

Reaction score
I jumped the low side switch , got no voltage to comp plug. Hooked up gauges and had 26 lbs. on low side 80 on high side static reading of course because can't get comp to run

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you positive your leads are making contact with the connectors in the plug?

Low and high side should have balanced if the system hasn't run for the last few hours. Low side switch usually opens between 22-29lbs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fila571

Reaction score
Thanks Stamp, my skills are rusty, time is short lately . Will resume in AM retesting . Thanks ,Guys. Warmest Regards , fila 571

OP
OP
F

Fila571

Reaction score
Today I checked power at fuses #13 #23 #2 in under hood box all had voltage and fuses were good [meter tested]. Then I was called in to work so stopped checks for today . I will report when I have checked Ground in comp plug . By the way Bedrck , Owners manual shows no fuse #29 in under hood box. Thanks .

OP
OP
F

Fila571

Reaction score
Sorry it's been so long , but had to replace intake manifolds on both my 2000 expy's. I have been filling in at work for absent people, and time has been in short supply. I will resume work on my problem child ac this weekend .Thanks Stamp and Bedrck.

OP
OP
F

Fila571

Reaction score
I am back after working more than I wanted to, and handling those little problems LIFE likes to throw at us. Stamp was correct my leads were not small or long enough , so did get ground in black wire side of compressor plug. Still no power on hot side even with low side switch jumped . Now scratching my head and looking a bit like my dog when she does not understand.