No aux audio input on 2017 Limited with sync3?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kiztope

Reaction score
I've got the navigation option (tech package 301), so I'm very surprised to not have it.... we typically use it for passengers to watch Netflix without the annoying delay introduced by using Bluetooth.

Maybe once our maiden voyage is done (road trip from Austin to San Diego... tossed in a pic from White Sands :)), I'll head back to my dealer. This has to be a mistake on Fords part. I can't imagine that the tech package would leave this out.

20170122_112502.jpg

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
does your vehicle have the navigation option, it seems without navigation, you get the dbl usb without sd slot and aux, why do you need the aux if you dnt mind me asking. i used an aux for music when i first bought ny truck and have never touched it again, horrible audio quality compared to usb and bt[/QUOTE

For me the SD slot would have been nice. I have no need for the 3.5mm plug. And I do have nav as well.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same truck...'17 Limited with everything but the CCD and I have the two USB's....According to the Sync 3 part of the owners manual:

Audio

Allows you to control the media playing in
your vehicle. You can control all audio
features including AM, FM and satellite
radio, CDs, and media streaming over a
Bluetooth device or through a USB
connection.

No separate line in or SD!

I bought the Limited with:

1. Control Trac® Four-Wheel-Drive System

2. Option package 301a,-includes:

Heated/cooled front seats

Audio system from Sony® with single-disc CD/MP3 player and 12 speakers

Power liftgate

Power moonroof

Power-deployable running boards

Voice-Activated Navigation System with HD Radio™

3. The Blind Spot Information System

4. All-weather rubber first- and second-row floor mats in addition to the carpeted ones

5. Available Navigation with SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link® option

6. Platinum tri-metalic paint option.

7. Second-row flip-fold manual reclining bucket seats

8. 20" magnetic painted wheels

I also saw that comment about it having a aux jack but I think it was a misprint as a carry over from earlier models. I have also found a misprint when it comes to the headlight low beam bulbs....that are not H11's but are in fact HB3's. I found that mistake when I replaced the halogens with LED headlights and I did a write-up in another subfolder on this forum.

jeff

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have Sync 3, you have 2 USB, no 3.5 or SD. If you have Sync 2, you have the 3.5 and the SD. The SD cannot be used for Music. It existed merely for NAV data. Ford switched to Sync 3 during the 2016 Year in the Expedition. Our totaled 15 had 3.5 and SD(Just NAV Data), and our 17 has just the 2 USB, but the USB hub is CarPlay and Android Auto certified.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea if the actual sync3 head unit actually supports an aux in port?
If the connector on the older hub matches up it might. Not something anybody I am aware of has tried, because you will lose CarPlay functionality.

What again are you trying to do that you need the 3.5 for.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got the navigation option (tech package 301), so I'm very surprised to not have it.... we typically use it for passengers to watch Netflix without the annoying delay introduced by using Bluetooth.

Maybe once our maiden voyage is done (road trip from Austin to San Diego... tossed in a pic from White Sands :)), I'll head back to my dealer. This has to be a mistake on Fords part. I can't imagine that the tech package would leave this out.

View attachment 18770

my 16 KR has the two usb ports in the center console..it has sync 3 and was built dec of 15 .my gripe is the usb sometimes dumps when i shut off the truck and when we start back up its on FM ...its random as hell. fwiw, i loaded 20g of music on my usb stick drive...so i hardly ever listen to the radio
this kr has every option except the CCD suspension
20160517_180442.jpg