No bass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ams2737

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so I bought myself another expi. It's a 2001 Eddie Bauer edition expedition with 2wd rides great and only has 169k on the dash. Well my question is I have no bass period it has the stock sub and everything but I have no bass coming from it at all and the door speakers barely have any bass even with the radio bass setting turned all the way up.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this issue. Btw it has wires looking like it's coming from the sub and running to the front of the truck

Am3ricanInfid3L

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might have better luck asking one of the veteran street kings, like 6K-Watts. I hardly have any audio experience whatsoever, but I'll go ahead and help the best I can from personal experience.
I owned a '98 Eddie Bauer, and sometimes the stock subwoofer in the back would lose power. I went ahead and decided to take a look.
I removed the 3rd row seat, and the inside panel that covered the sub and amp.
If I remember right, I think that whole panel came off with hand screws. So no tools were required. It fits together like a puzzle basically.
After the panel was removed, I took a look at the amp. Turns out, it was toast.
Luckily enough, the wires were simple to disconnect, and all I needed was a screw driver to take the amp out. (The simple "plug and play" setup was awesome)
I found another Eddie Bauer in my local scrap yard, so I went ahead and took the amp from that one, and put it into mine. All in all, it only cost me about 15 bucks to fix. The setups on those EB's are cake!
Hope this helps at least a little... Lol