No CD player.?..Why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
Has anyone bought cd's in the last 10 years or more?
I think the last CD I bought was 2005 or earlier...

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I personally would be okay, for a sticker price north of $80K, to see a single slot CD player, and if Ford was smart, it would be DVD and could quickly double as a content player for the rear entertainment.

Maybe they could toss in an 8-track and remove the airbags, backup cam and seatsbelts as well. They could call it The Obsolete Edition.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And then when some jerk breaks into your car and steals that carousel you lose more money in purchased music than you had invested in the carousel. Super easy to copy the files onto a new $16 USB stick again.
FYI, when that was happening the largest USB stick available was likely around 8-16MB. it was nearly 30 years ago. and sadly, people hadn't degraded so badly that break ins left and right were the norm. that was the least of my concern then, it was more about how often the breakers and fuses would blow on the inverters.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe they could remove the airbags, backup cam and seatsbelts as well. They could call it The Obsolete Edition.
"Supply chain issues"

FYI, when that was happening the largest USB stick available was likely around 8-16MB. it was nearly 30 years ago. and sadly, people hadn't degraded so badly that break ins left and right were the norm. that was the least of my concern then, it was more about how often the breakers and fuses would blow on the inverters.
I had to explain to my insurance company why they should pay out another $150 on my claim for my 10 disc changer that was stolen so I could go buy all the CD's again when mine was stolen.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think we can all agree car's never came with LP players, though :rotflmao:
Agreed, I was hoping for a triple-wide-din form factor that supported laserdisc. Now that would have been sweet. I mean technically, the size of the 15.5" screen could easily fit a cd/dvd or even laserdisc slot in the back of it like all in one pc's often have. Anyway, I think i've ruined this enough! I still think having a place for a dvd player would have been fine, if nothing else but to support the rear seat entertainment.

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Music from any source is a nice option.
What I have learned from aging (90+) the most important
option is ease of entry/exit.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member