No crank,no start, with alarms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeb13

Reaction score
Anybody have any clue why this happens?
intermittent, usually first time trying, sometimes does it several times, I am new here not sure if can post videos, I could use some help if I can, more text below, sorry.
app5691F22B-B9E2-46B1-AB44-B5EAE0F6B9C8.jpeg9BD3D586-EEAC-4AD5-9E6C-A8C77F7EAF67.jpegF7A7939A-9564-4A10-B3EF-BE0FC01A25F0.jpegA91B1E37-9F10-45A1-BD22-95334FB02FE3.jpeg
when I turn key nothing, let off and these display with alarms, 2017 expedition, bought new aug 2019, still under factory warranty, 22k miles now. Battery changed end of 2019
thats when this started, been to 2 dealerships, ford customer service has given me an extended warranty, but I want it fixed. What happens when it doesn’t start at all, or worse yet, the brake system actually has an issue, and fails?
what’s your opinion?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody have any clue why this happens?
intermittent, usually first time trying, sometimes does it several times, I am new here not sure if can post videos, I could use some help if I can, more text below, sorry.
appView attachment 74431View attachment 74432View attachment 74433View attachment 74434
when I turn key nothing, let off and these display with alarms, 2017 expedition, bought new aug 2019, still under factory warranty, 22k miles now. Battery changed end of 2019
thats when this started, been to 2 dealerships, ford customer service has given me an extended warranty, but I want it fixed. What happens when it doesn’t start at all, or worse yet, the brake system actually has an issue, and fails?
what’s your opinion?

Was the battery changed BEFORE the issues started, or after?

The warnings and no-start sure sound like a defective battery and/or loose or corroded battery terminal connectors.

Since new, my 2015 will get severe corrosion around the positive cable connector (under the red vinyl cover). I remove and clean the terminals about every six months, and use anti-corrosion felt pads under them (on the battery posts).

OP
OP
M

mikeb13

Reaction score
It started after battery was changed…
I brought this to their attention. Seems dealerships don’t get reimbursed by ford if they don’t fix, and I really feel like they are avoiding spending too much tine diagnosing because of this. They find it easier to say they can’t duplicate the problem. I’ve suggested to send videos I have to engineers at ford, but it falls on deaf ears. I have several videos dating back to Jan of 2021
I’m headed to drop it off again today, I’ll suggest this again.
thanks for imput

Modelcarguy

Reaction score
just for grins and giggles, check your shifter lockout. I have run into all sorts of “little” issues like this that don’t make any sense and you feel like your chasing down a rabbit hole. You may have a small broken tab on the shifter (plastic) that can cause all sorts of funky issues.