no dash light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dipsherry

Reaction score
Hello. I purchased a expy about 5 months ago and last night for no rhyme or reason I lost dash lights. I have nothing no radio lights no climate control lights. But my fog and headlights work. I have changed the switch already thinking that would be it. But no luck I looked for a fuse but not sure witch one cause I don't have a manual. I have searched and usually people just loose dash lights not everything. So not sure where to start

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello. I purchased a expy about 5 months ago and last night for no rhyme or reason I lost dash lights. I have nothing no radio lights no climate control lights. But my fog and headlights work. I have changed the switch already thinking that would be it. But no luck I looked for a fuse but not sure witch one cause I don't have a manual. I have searched and usually people just loose dash lights not everything. So not sure where to start
Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the forum, dipsherry!

My name is Tricia, and I am the Ford Service rep.

What’s the current mileage, and which model year is your Escape? Once this info is received, I’ll take a look into available options to assist.

you can get a copy of the owners manual go to owner.ford.com
roxy1225,

Thanks for providing such a great resource. The Owner’s Manual is a great place to start when trying to figure out concerns with our vehicles.

Have a wonderful day! :smile:

Tricia

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think it's an Escape, unless we added vehicle models since last I posted. I am currently in class but I feel like I have seen a fuse solely for the variable lighting in the dash. As Roxy said, check the fuse map and change the fuse, even if it looks ok.

One question, does the radio itself work and just not light up, or is it completely off?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I caught the escape part also but figured I would keep my comment to Tricia to myself.

Considering that she works with all years and models

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I couldn't help myself, the usual recommendation from Ford is to just bring it to a stealership anyways, so I have no qualms over clarifying haha.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
agree

Now if that were Todd I would have had a comment but I have been nice to FordCustSrvc lately

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get a copy of the owners manual, read my previous post. I'll look up the fuses for you to check also use either a meter or test light to test the fuses Don't just pull them and look at them

My feeling about that is the same as if your car don't start would you just look at the battery and say it looks good or would you test it?