No POWER for windows on all doors and vent windows or outside lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What have you checked and how did you check it?

Do you have a dvm(voltmeter) or test light?
If you do, check for power on the Accessory Delay Relay connector #30 with ign on run. If it has power jump connector #30 to #87 and try the windows. This bypasses the relay. If the widows work then the problem is on the GEM side of the circuit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GeorgeT

Reaction score
Stamp... Ive replaced the fuse for the accessories and also the Acc Delay relay. I also replaced the 30 amp fuse in the power distribution block under the hood. I checked the ground under the passenger kick panel for loose wires and rust. Nada. I also took off the driver door panel with the hopes of finding a broken wire. We also found out that the windshield wipers are affected.

No power for
Windows.... the lights on the switches for windows all work
Moonroof
Vent windows
Interior lighting
Running board lights
No door chime or door ajar in instrument cluster
Windshield wipers
Light under hood

Im really starting to lean towards the GEM module. I am taking it to a mechanic tomorrow for him to troubleshoot. However if he does say its a gem module Ill be going through ebay and not paying retail

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
George T
I noticed that you were asked the following question.

What have you checked and how did you check it?

Do you have a dvm(voltmeter) or test light?
If you do, check for power on the Accessory Delay Relay connector #30 with ign on run. If it has power jump connector #30 to #87 and try the windows. This bypasses the relay. If the widows work then the problem is on the GEM side of the circuit.

but I also noticed that you did not provide a answer to all of that question.
When you are asked question it is very helpful to the person that is trying to help you that you answer all of the questions. Without those answers it is almost impossible to know where you are at in the troubleshooting process.

bedrck46 asked you if you could read and understand electrical prints yet I notice that you didn't provide an answer to his question.

it is very frustrating to offer help and not receive the information asked.
you are not alone in this as there are too many that come on the forum and do the same thing

OP
OP
G

GeorgeT

Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of update I truly appreciate everyones input. Was all very helpful. Well after going through the electrical diagram and jumping the relays as suggested it turns out it was in fact the GEM module. I took it to a local mechanic and he confirmed it. Well his initial bill was well over $630.00 . The new module was well over $450 alone. I went through Ebay and found one with a warranty for 60.00 delivered. My mechanic was cool enough to take out the old one and program the one I bought and reinstall it for about $115.00. After reading all the posts and going through the diagram it did all lead to the module but I was in denial because I figured it would cost an arm and a leg to repair.

Thanks again for all the replies:happy107: