No start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew82

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Eddie Bauer 4.6L Expedition. All vacuum lines are gone and wires have been cut. Ground straps are messed up, and hot wire was cut. Would someone mind taking an under hood pics of engine for me please? I'm not sure what is missing and what is just cut. As you know it obviously won't start. I'm not new to working on vehicles or fords for that matter but I've never owned a 4.6 Expedition so I have no idea what to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will try to get pics tomorrow (work schedule is crazy right now). Haven't been on here in a while. Feels good to be back guys

Last edited:

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just some pics I had already stored on photobucket to hopefully shed some light on your vacuum lines.

-Mike

Referencing your third pic above, the two vacuum lines at the firewall. The line on the left is the supply line TO the A/C control unit and the line on the right is the vacuum line coming from the control unit TO the hot water control valve (your's is missing in your pic...) ....
Expy%20Vacuum%20Lines_zpsablihazf.jpg

Hot water control valve with vacuum line attached....
Hot%20Water%20Valve%20Expy_zpsdjzfskpx.jpg

Another shot of the vacuum supply line and the source lines....
Expy%20Dash%20Vacuum%20Supply%20Line_zps5at78xzk.jpg

OP
OP
M

Matthew82

Reaction score
Just some pics I had already stored on photobucket to hopefully shed some light on your vacuum lines.

-Mike

Referencing your third pic above, the two vacuum lines at the firewall. The line on the left is the supply line TO the A/C control unit and the line on the right is the vacuum line coming from the control unit TO the hot water control valve (your's is missing in your pic...) ....
Expy%20Vacuum%20Lines_zpsablihazf.jpg

Hot water control valve with vacuum line attached....
Hot%20Water%20Valve%20Expy_zpsdjzfskpx.jpg

Another shot of the vacuum supply line and the source lines....

Thanks for the help. Added this pic from yours. The wire by the red arrow has been cut off at the firewall on mine and I have no idea where it goes. Also the ground strap right above passenger side head on firewall is broken and I do not know where it goes either
Expy20Vacuum20Lines_zpsablihazf2.jpg

If you have any more under hood pics I would be greatly appreciative of them

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, that's the main chasis ground cable. It should be connected directly to the negative terminal of the truck's battery. Was the Expy stolen or something? Who hacked everything up ? But if you don't have the chasis ground connected you will get all kinds of computer errors.

-Mike

More pics of that area....
Expy%20Underhood%2001_zpsf4vfkoqz.jpg

Here you can see that grounding cable connects to the negative terminal of the battery....
Expy%20Ground%20Cable%2003_zpsvlkirnar.jpg

Vacuum supply line pic .... make sure you have those two check valves in the line ....

Last edited:

retrogarage6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
just to shed a little humor here -- your thread "no start" should have been called "i hope this vehicle was a free gift because holy *&%! it's going to cause me to go broke and lose everything trying to fix it"

jk -- good luck buddy.

I heard there's still a ton of brand new 0 mile SAAB's sunken somewhere off the coast of newfoundland if you wanna jaque costeu with me.