Nokturnal's (Phaeton's) 1999 Expy Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nokturnal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nice ride, my Jetta is my go go fast ride :eek:

41178_122576214460935_100001256724589_163173_1961217_n.jpg

Edit: That was at an NCI meet btw, the very first one actually; well, as NCI at least. It used to be CenCalRacing back in the day but Timmy shut it all down and started up NCI due to *cough* "police issues", hahaha. Fun times back in California...

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nokturnal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Blacked out looks great

Thank you =]

I still need to do the deflectors above the windows and the chrome trim on the side. I would just leave the side trim but it is all sun damaged and ugly so I'm just gonna paint it. I think when I actually get it into a body shop to get a full new paint job I'm gonna have all the emblems removed and patched and the side trim along with it. Gonna get a new grill and one piece headlights at the same time. Just contemplating what I wanna do as far as the grill, so far I think I've settled on a black chrome grill with smoke housing projector headlights =]

Once I get to my next duty station I'm going to start doing much bigger things to it, I'm just hesitant to spend the money right now cause I'm not sure how much it's going to cost me to move, heck, I don't even know where I'm moving to yet so I can't even estimate it. Once I get there though I can put in my expense refund form thingy though so once I get that check added to what I'll already have ready for it, it'll be getting a full new black paint job and shave, grill, headlights, a modest lift, the exhaust fully redone, and some black 24s with either 33 or 35 inch rubbers :D

oh, and the system, which I shall not speak the plans of yet :cool:

OP
OP
N

Nokturnal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
couple new pics up. cleaned it up and did a quick polishing compound and wax job. the pics really don't do it justice at all, it looks so much better. Gonna go through again and do another run around with the polishing compound and then re-wax and see if I can't get the last roughness eliminated. gonna take those stupid things off the fenders also and paint the chrome strip along the doors, either that or just take them off. can't tell from the pic but the chrome is all old and discolored. I think I might do the acetone thing to the emblems too.

What do you guys think about the door guards, paint them black or remove them?

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i say remove the door trim. the silver never really cleans back up again. as for the fender guards on there, dont take them off until you are ready to paint. they have holes behind them that you wont be able to hide until you fill them and paint the fenders. also, with all of the mods you have planned, i would get rid of those stick on fender vents you have. makes it look tacky IMO. truck is looking shiny though. i am obviously a fan of black out projects!

fiveohpoepoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took the side door molding off of my last and current. Looks so much better imo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nokturnal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i say remove the door trim. the silver never really cleans back up again. as for the fender guards on there, dont take them off until you are ready to paint. they have holes behind them that you wont be able to hide until you fill them and paint the fenders. also, with all of the mods you have planned, i would get rid of those stick on fender vents you have. makes it look tacky IMO. truck is looking shiny though. i am obviously a fan of black out projects!

the stick on fender vents is actually what I was talking about by "stupid things". they are sitting in the back floorboard right now. went to leave to go to the movies and was like you know what, f*** this i'll acetone it later, and ripped them all off. I hate those ugly a** things. so now i have little foam sticky things on the fenders, lol. I'ma clean it all up tomorrow.. gonna get me some real vents later before I go to get it painted.

yea I would like to take all the emblems completely off but like you said, got holes =/ I searched and it seemed like the door guards don't have holes so I think I'm gonna go ahead and remove those tomorrow and see if I like it or not, can always put them back on or just buy new ones.

by fender guards you mean the little trim right on the lip of the fender right? Yea I've been thinking about removing those, but I could tell their was holes behind them, that's why I just went ahead and painted them black. gonna remove those later too.

when I finally go to get this thing painted it's gonna be a huge change because not only the paintjob will be done but nice little list of "to do right before paintjob" that I have going will be getting done.

OP
OP
N

Nokturnal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took the side door molding off of my last and current. Looks so much better imo.

does look nice, any "full body" pics?

edit: just found some in an old for sale ad you had. looks nice

removing them tomorrow =]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65