Normal Spare with Oversized Tires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjshank

Reaction score
I've got a couple questions for those of you that have oversized tires on your expeditions. I've got a 2015 XLT 4x4, I've run 35x12.5x17 on it occasionally when I was planning on going off road. Now I've purchased a set of 5 raptor wheels, pretty sure I'm going to buy 305/70/17 to go with the raptor wheels. I'm curious if anyone has run the normal size spare with oversized tires. If so, did it drive safely? Just debating on whether to bite the bullet and get a set of 5 tires, or just run the factory spare. F150 guys are saying it is ok as long as you put the spare on the front and are in 2wd so I'm assuming my experience would be similar.

If no one has tried it yet, I may just put 3 - 35s on it and see how it drives with the normal spare in front.

Question 2 - How big can I go and use the factory spare location? my 35's do not fit, I found one post that said 285/70/17 fit, but I think it was on a 2nd gen. I also saw another post that said you can make 35s fit if you have a big enough hammer, I'm not completely opposed to this as long as it isn't dangerous to the truck to persuade a little more room for the spare. Anyone done this before? Pics???

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Long as the tires are the same height it will not damage 4 x 4, different type of tires will drive differently for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahurry