Number 4 cylinder - spark plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue oval guy

Reaction score
Just curious what kind of tools or methods are guys using to disconnect the number four coil when getting ready to change plugs? I had to buy a long hook tool and extra long flathead to reach in and depress connector tab while trying to push it off with the screwdriver blade. Was wondering if there was any other easier way? Thanks guys..

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just remove all the preceding connectors that are in the way (both coil and injectors). Also, you can rotate the injectors if the connector portion is still your way. But the biggest help of all is removing the computer.

I think the only tool I've had to use to get the connector itself off was a little pocket screw driver and probably a small 1/4" universal joint with a socket to match the coil screw - but I think I used that on #8 - not sure now.

OP
OP
blue oval guy

blue oval guy

Reaction score
Exactly right, i moved computer bracket off to the side a few inches and also disconnected injectors since i was fighting them. I have done this job 4 times over, you would think it would have been easier for me? Im getting old and impatient!

Jarheadmatt

Reaction score
I just climb on the engine. I have removed the hood as well with a bit of help. plenty of light and I can reach everything by hand. I have done full plugs and coils about 3 times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69