O2 sensors going bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CCTD shop

Reaction score
hi everyone,

I am having a problem with my 2000 Ford Expedition 5.4L a few months ago I tuned it up, replaced the coils and o2 sensors also at the same time, it ran great for two months then the o2 sensor right side upstream went out I figured ( damm eBay) so I replaced it again, then yesterday it started running bad and check engine light came on, the codes are: p1000, p0155 and p1151. So it barely idles and runs erratic and very hard to start, I did some checking and found the rear boot on the PCs tube has a hole in it so I replaced it, but still have the problems, now in the last two years I have had to replace the right upstream o2senser twice before the tune up a few months ago. I had to change the cats and get sensor, Now I have bought a new set of four just waiting on them to get here from Rockauto they are oem. But I why do I keep burning out the right upstream o2 sensor ? Does anyone have any input ? I could use some help? Thanks.

Last edited:

Russell Lewis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a mechanic but. I would keep checking for intake leaks can of carb cleaner try in areas for increased rpm. Clean MAF and IAC both straight forward carbon causes to stick and hang up IAC idles rough and MAF once running bogs down looses power. Trace wires back on harnes looking for rubbed/pinched wire and the plastic connection might have a short.

OP
OP
C

CCTD shop

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
The Expedition got to where it would only crank and take like 8 seconds to start and would not idle. So I removed the throttle body and the IAC and cleaned them, they weren’t that dirty. Then when reinstalling them I noticed the PCV rubber elbow on the rear of the intake had a big hole in it so I replaced it. I also replaced the o2 sensor upstream bank 1 because it showed ban but it still shows bad ?
After it was running, it does start, it idles erratic and when it starts it runs at 2200 rpms for 5 to 8 seconds then down to 1100, I would clearly say a vacuum leak however I have looked the entire vehicle over and checked and can’t find a leak. The throttle seams to has hesitation from 1100 to 2000 ? I now have these codes:

P1151,
p0155,
p0135,
p1506