Odd Request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible for a 2nd gen owner to take a pic of the side of their truck (rocker panels) particularly with the doors open? Odd request but my rocker panels are going bad this year and I’d like to replace them in spring, the only products available are for 2nd gen that I can find. I’m hoping they would work and are close as I’m not spending $5-6,000 for custom panels... The panel looks similar online as far as I can tell but if I could put my truck and a 2nd gen side by side I could get a better idea comparing the two... crazy no A/M company has stepped up to the plate as a lot of third gens are losing rocker panels. Ford only sells uniside assemblies (the entire side of the truck) for 2 grand each no rockers.

ABD65B58-2EAD-4DD7-9083-F0ABD93F483B.jpeg
CA7C2724-188B-4A5B-A2F4-887E575D1F19.jpeg

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also would be awesome if I could find the measurement between the door openings and the opening as well... there isn’t many options

StreetCreeper

Reaction score
Also would be awesome if I could find the measurement between the door openings and the opening as well... there isn’t many options

If no one else gets you the pics/info you need tonight, I'll take better pics and get measurements for you tomorrow.

For now though, I already had these pics from a couple of weeks ago; perhaps they will help.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting they look exact, same divets and everything... if the measurements are the same I'm going to give them a try. as you can see I have mine coated in Fluid Film which is an oily type substance to try and get them through winter

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be so kind as to measure the rear door opening at the sill as well as the front if someone gets a chance...?

StreetCreeper

Reaction score
Would anyone be so kind as to measure the rear door opening at the sill as well as the front if someone gets a chance...?

I wasn't sure what specific angles you wanted to see or what specifically you wanted measurements of – so I took these with a tape measure in some of them for scale.

Let me know if you need different views or specific measurements.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure what specific angles you wanted to see or what specifically you wanted measurements of – so I took these with a tape measure in some of them for scale.

Let me know if you need different views or specific measurements.

These pics helped a lot, the only thing that I’m not sure of is the length of the rear door sill other than that they for sure look the same (the rear door opening size looking at the side of the truck). The rest of this pics including the height of the panel appear to be the same on mine. The running boards mount up different, but I don’t know that I’ll even have the body shop put mine back on, probably better to leave them off up here.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used ones like these on my expedition. Cut out (most) of the old metal, removed all the paint, and welded in the new ones. primed and painted the new ones. Have been on my truck for 2 years now and still look good!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2006-FORD-EXPEDITION-OUTER-ROCKER-PANEL-PAIR-FAST-FREE-SHIPPING-/252661943129?fits=Model:Expedition

I think I pretty much need full OEM replacements if you look in my first post they are bubbling up top on the passanger side. Aren’t slip ones only for ones that have a little rust down low? Also were they decent thickness?
845DDBB7-2283-467F-BA37-0F702EE547F2.jpeg