OEM LED Headlamps or LED upgrade on projectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayzce

Reaction score
Set aside the cost of the Headlight full LED upgrade against the Projectors.

and most importantly are they plug and play upgrade from Halogen projectors to the full LED (Digging the all-black stealth edition full LED headlamps)

I haven't seen much output of the full LED headlights. Compared to the halogens. Are they better than the projectors if they are upgraded to LED bulbs?

LED bulbs are cheaper than the headlamp replacements, are those LED's better than upgraded bulbs with projector headlamps?

If you have output photos of the full LED headlamp and the upgraded LED on projectors for comparison that would help me see the difference and I appreciate it.

OP
OP
J

jayzce

Reaction score
Thanks for this 18maxlimited. All i need now is to get those blacked out headlights from those stealth editions.

Anyone happens to have the part number of those blacked out full led headlamps so i can order them.

RANDAL CHAO

Reaction score
swapped out halegon bulbs to LED bulb, night and day. Works in projector style lo beam. At first, I installed a $20 pair LED 8000 lumens, about 100% brighter than halogen bulbs, white color. much better. But Later I opted to install a $40 pair - 16000 lumens, (feel 50% brighter than 8000 lumen ones).

Takes about 30 minutes to do it first time. 10 min the second time.

Haakon

Reaction score
@ Randal Chao: Can you provide the manufacturer and part number for the latest bulbs you've installed? Any issues with the DRL functionality?

RANDAL CHAO

Reaction score
No issues running DRL at all. I am attaching Amazon product screen shots.

Zoncar is the low beam 4000 lum version. I first tried. $20

Auxito is the lo beam 8000 Lum version. Maybe too bright. $49

Sealight is the hi beam 4000 Lum bulbs. $25

No flickering issue whatsoever. When engine auto starts/stops, I do notice brightness change. But I suspect halogen bulbs having the same problem as well. Didn't pay attention before this.

BB42CB42-F611-47FE-BE48-C78F40E7BCFE.jpeg

442AD50D-7251-4FE4-96EA-0AC88AA1E6FF.jpeg

CA429CAD-7DA0-4CAE-880E-A16D2E04EE7E.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeff R

Reaction score
Randal -

If you used the Sealight bulb pictured above for the low beam, did you also replace the high beam bulb with ZonCar pictured above as well?

Thanks

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolf_Lazarus