Oh Deer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Driving to work this morning, actually in the slow lane at 5am....50mph and I never even saw him emerge from the woods until it hit my truck..............darn!

Called Geico, will take it up Friday afternoon, drop it off, take their rental and they will fix it. Thankfully, it's nothing really bad. I was struck in the driver's door in my little 2 seater a few years ago too....I pulled that dent with a kit and never had to file a claim. This time, not quite as lucky but it would have been worse.

I felt terrible because I know it would have been suffering if it were still alive but I wasn't about to euthanize the poor animal because I no doubt would have been charged for some type of cruelty. So I didn't even bother to stop figuring that if it was still alive, I'd be socially unable to properly kill it by the side of the road with traffic so I didn't bother to stop....hope those animal lovers like the result of their PC pressure.....

jeff

1.jpg

3.jpg

Kurtyg2020

Reaction score
Jeff, that sure sucks. I hit a deer a few years back, pulled over found the deer in the ditch suffering. A State Police Officer pulled up and we were talking about what to do with the animal. He told me that he didn't want to have to shoot it because he would have to fill out a report because he discarded his weapon. I asked him if I took care of it I don't have to put one of my tags on it, he said no. So I took my shotgun out, and put him out of his misery. I am an avid deer hunter, but I don't want to see them suffer.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bummer Jeff. In northern Nevada, this is a common occurrence. Had my frontend taken out by a deer 8 years ago. Luckily, we carry firearms for this reason and have a well-supported hunting season. Good luck in the repairs.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man Jeff that SUCKS! Is that a candidate for paintless dent repair or is it creased to much for that?

Back in 1977 I was driving down a back road and I caught out of the corner of my eye a deer with its head down running full speed. It hit dead center in the passenger side rear door as I looked in the review mirror the deer was sprawled out on road, then it got up shook its head and ran off. I was driving a 1972 Olds Cutlass Supreme; it hit right on the curve of the door and put a 2" diameter dent right in the side of the door.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bah that sucks man. I agree with you on those PETA people they are a different breed.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Good to hear you weren't injured and the damage isn't too bad. On the plus side it's only the door and not a rear quarter or front end.

I hit a doe about 10 years back in the work van at 40mph. Took my from 40 to a dead stop and destroyed my work van. Would you believe that SOB got up and walked away? I couldn't! Ruined my Friday night and I waited 4 hours for the tow truck to show up.

Good luck with the repair!

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMG_1624.JPG 042 (4).JPG

During the rut. Everything forward of the fan got replaced.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I still had the pics of the marina dudes F-350 dually when he clocked a deer. That front end was fricking destroyed but they fixed like it never happened.