Oil Life Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkretch

Reaction score
3.5 Ecoboost
76000 miles

Oil life reset won’t work.

Went to:
Display Mode
Oil Life Reset
Held down OK button
Nothing.

what am I missing?

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like the plan....did you hold it long enough?

After 5 yrs, your software might be a little glitchy, shut down, restart/reboot and see if that fixes it?

jeff

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Ditto. Just did my 17s oil change on Sunday night. Sounds like you're doing it right. Just make sure you're holding "ok" long enough.

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe I have to reset my 17's through the settings menu, not the display menu

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Pay no attention to that, go by the speedo 125k, 130k, 135k etc. Been doing that since the sixties.
Still using a rotary dial land line instead of a cell phone too? ;-) The oil change indicators on both my Expys have actually treated me well. The 07 hits it right on the 5k mile mark. 216k trouble free miles so far.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still using a rotary dial land line instead of a cell phone too? ;-) The oil change indicators on both my Expys have actually treated me well. The 07 hits it right on the 5k mile mark. 216k trouble free miles so far.
Funny, the speedo hits it right on the mark too and probably more dependable.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Funny, the speedo hits it right on the mark too and probably more dependable.
My whole life I've been keeping a log book of all my cars (there have been way too many...) and have religiously written down all my maintenance and mileages. I still do, but having the message pop up so I don't have to keep referring back to my log book or keeping it in the back of my mind to see when I'm due on my daily driver is a big help. With a single vehicle it's not so much of a PITA. Too much crapola to keep track of these days. I have ~20 separate passwords for work... If I thought the reminder wasn't accurate, I wouldn't use it. I know it is from testing it the first year or so, so why not use it?

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pay no attention to that, go by the speedo 125k, 130k, 135k etc. Been doing that since the sixties.
Well idk about the 60's or even most of the 70's but I remember 3k was the recommended interval back in the day.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk