ok so air ride is bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marvo75

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm seeing ppl say no air ride,try to find one without...Reasons and which models come with that,is it just the EB ones?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
all the models come with air ride. the main reason most people say no is cause of problems leaded to air ride and lifting them is harder. if you do find one with air ride it isnt bad. the ride is better. but then if theres a simple problem its easy but if its electrical or if parts start to keep breaking then on the top of this site strutmasters has a kit that converts to coils.

ZentineZ

Reaction score
air ride

there is just more thing to break also cant find many susp upgrades if you have a air ride model. strut masters sells conversion kits. just my opinion is all.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dont remember where i put it. but i just checked my friends step dads 01. and its an xlt 2wd with air. 4.6 though if i remember. that dosent matter. so air was just an option that could be added.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
The good thing is that now the air bags and even the compressor are available in the aftermarket. So if you really like that system, you don't need to convert it if you don't want to.

I found them online the other day while looking for a part for my truck. The bags for a 98 are $135 each and the compressor was somewhere around $200. Just remember that you could replace all that stuff and still have air line problems, which are hard to track down. You could probably pick up a generic air line kit for a hundred or so, with all the needed fittings.