One small question about fuel mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
invest into a programmer...exhaust...intake or gotts mod...efans...i get 18....CITY

So you get 450+ miles per tank? Mix in some freeway and you get well over 500!?

I'm thinking your speedo is off or reading high to get figures like that, or your one hell of a hyper miler..

Brusky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Biggest changes I have seen as far as mods go we're programmer and under drives, fuel milage and performance. First two months I had mine I was getting between 12 and 13 city and 15 to 15.5 highway at 75mph.

OP
OP
rocketvette95

rocketvette95

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is no way I can get even close to 450 a tank. If I could I don't think I would be complaining. Like I stated before I drove for 271 miles and it took 3/4 of a tank of gas,so I think that would be 18 to 23 gallons of gas.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've gone 300 miles on less than half tank...honest truth...programmer set on gas saver...and that's driving 80-85 mph...I drive 150 miles round trip to get my daughter from college on less than quarter tank...honest truth...again...

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member

OP
OP
rocketvette95

rocketvette95

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel if I could get 300 miles on a half a tank of gas I would never complain. I have done what I thought would have helped by changing all the fluids,filters and so-on. I have scanned the OBD-II and there are no codes and none pending. Maybe I have one of those vehicles that was built to burn more gas than the rest of them.

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm getting 11-12 right now with mixed driving and lots of warm up time.

In the summer after a full tune up and fluids change I was able to just barely touch 17 with 55-60 mph driving. 70 on the expressway would result in 15-16mpg.

districk81

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man I've got a 2000 EB w/145000 and I just replaced the spark plugs since I just purchased the expy. I had to fix the suspension air was shot. did the Monroe 90005 to coil swap. also had to change the intake it was busted around the coolant temp sensor. before I did all that I was getting 12.8 mpg now I'm getting about 15.3 that's hwy only for both. Next I'm gonna try a K&N air filter and one of those cheap 20$ computers they sel on ebay. anyone ever tried them before?

OP
OP
rocketvette95

rocketvette95

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This Is a Follow UP

After banging my head against the wall I finally bit the bullet and change the Spark Plugs and cleaned the MAF and TB. Niether the TB nor the MAF was really dirty. So I went to change the Spark Plugs and what a job. After moving the heater hoses and PCV hoses out of the way the back passenger sides plugs were not to bad. I found that that the #3 spark plug was very loose so I hope that I stopped a plug blowout. I really think that the plugs that I removed were the Factory installed!! They were all Motorcraft AGSF-22WM and all of the electrods were anywhere from 60-72 gap.
I also modified the Air Filter housing by cutting the upper section. So my wife and I went on a 80 miles jorney. I was really surpised that the overhead display ranged from 15.3 to 17.6. If it stays within that range I willnever complain about fuel mileage especially with this 7000lb truck

BANGEREXPO76

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This Is a Follow UP

After banging my head against the wall I finally bit the bullet and change the Spark Plugs and cleaned the MAF and TB. Niether the TB nor the MAF was really dirty. So I went to change the Spark Plugs and what a job. After moving the heater hoses and PCV hoses out of the way the back passenger sides plugs were not to bad. I found that that the #3 spark plug was very loose so I hope that I stopped a plug blowout. I really think that the plugs that I removed were the Factory installed!! They were all Motorcraft AGSF-22WM and all of the electrods were anywhere from 60-72 gap.
I also modified the Air Filter housing by cutting the upper section. So my wife and I went on a 80 miles jorney. I was really surpised that the overhead display ranged from 15.3 to 17.6. If it stays within that range I willnever complain about fuel mileage especially with this 7000lb truck

Yes sir!!!!!!! In order for these giants to run as efficent as possible gotta freshen them up!!!!!! Glad you are seeing results!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger