Ordered a cat back exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Got my Gibson installed. Not too bad overall. Hardest part was getting the truck up high enough so that the tailpipe would go over the axle. Scary doing in driveway with jacks and stands. Had to go up almost 18 inches. Also had to replace the rearmost muffler hanger for the tailpipe. The old hanger was fused in it. New part was $70 at the dealer. I told the guy at the parts counter you used to be able to get the whole exhaust for $70. He laughed and said, "Not anymore." Chrome tailpiece fell off in under a week. Oh well.
I actually didn't even have to Jack mine up. Its got a 2" lift but getting the section over the rear axle just took some twisting and fnding the correct position.

david_jr

Reaction score
We tried for hours!! Removed the spare tire and everything but it just would not go through. Once the truck was high enough it allowed the pipe to be twisted just right so it would go through. Even at that just barely got through. There is a large (rusted) metal piece, not sure what it is, connected to the rear-end and what looks like a pivot (you can see it in one of the photos) that was preventing it from going through until we got it up high enough.Gibson Exhaust 1.jpeg Gibson Exhaust 2.jpeg Gibson Exhaust 3.jpeg Gibson Exhaust 4.jpeg

Corrado78

Reaction score
So my 2010 expy has a manifold leak, I am in MA were would you recommend going to get it fixed? Would love to put a little growl on it but is it even worth spending the $$ at this point? It is kind of ironic that my husbands f150 with the same motor 5.4L had the same issue a year ago. Has anyone else had transmission issues had the computer reset once but it still clunks hard when down shifting

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
So my 2010 expy has a manifold leak, I am in MA were would you recommend going to get it fixed? Would love to put a little growl on it but is it even worth spending the $$ at this point? It is kind of ironic that my husbands f150 with the same motor 5.4L had the same issue a year ago. Has anyone else had transmission issues had the computer reset once but it still clunks hard when down shifting
Unfortunately I really can't recommend a place for manifolds. I was lookong for someone to do mine and since i have trust issues I broke down and did the manifold myself. It wasn't fun but I got them done and was able to extract the bolts that broke. The manifold is like $60 and studs another $20 so the labor is then expensive part.

As for the clunk while down shifting, I would definitely have someone look at it. Could be a U joint issue, suspension related, differential support bushing and the list goes one