Ordered a cat back exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
So after tossing around the idea for a couple months I finally decided to order one. Seems that most people went with the magnaflow but I decided to try something different. I ordered from a company called CGS motorsports through CARiD. Exhaust is 3" stainless, mandrel bent, stainless welded muffler. They have a sound clip on the website and I thought it sounded good. Manufacturer has it listed at $619 for the stainless option but CARiD has it for $460 so I jumped on it. Its due here Friday so pictures and sound clip coming soon.

http://www.cgsmotorsports.com/php/products.php?productid=39&modelid=31&makeid=4&appid=80

Screenshot_2018-04-30-19-39-42.png

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
So after tossing around the idea for a couple months I finally decided to order one. Seems that most people went with the magnaflow but I decided to try something different. I ordered from a company called CGS motorsports through CARiD. Exhaust is 3" stainless, mandrel bent, stainless welded muffler. They have a sound clip on the website and I thought it sounded good. Manufacturer has it listed at $619 for the stainless option but CARiD has it for $460 so I jumped on it. Its due here Friday so pictures and sound clip coming soon.

http://www.cgsmotorsports.com/php/products.php?productid=39&modelid=31&makeid=4&appid=80

View attachment 24868
Should sound good on that 5.4

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I'll be watching.. I've always felt like my `13 needed a little help in that department.
Well I'm getting a little help now as I noticed a small hole in my muffler but didn't hear it till I put my windows down on our first nice day so that's why I jumped at the low price tag. Gotta do before this thing sounds like a tank

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm getting a little help now as I noticed a small hole in my muffler but didn't hear it till I put my windows down on our first nice day so that's why I jumped at the low price tag. Gotta do before this thing sounds like a tank

Same here, right below the weld I have a little hole now.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Same here, right below the weld I have a little hole now.

Mines in the same exact spot! I will say though the exhaust help up pretty good for 11 years old in the northeast. The section over the rear diff is rough but the rest looks pretty good.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mines in the same exact spot! I will say though the exhaust help up pretty good for 11 years old in the northeast. The section over the rear diff is rough but the rest looks pretty good.

Will be interesting to watch your project here. I’m just replacing the muffler with the $85 Walker available on RockAuto.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
If you've heard an exhaust system in the flesh you can make a good decision but sound clips are particularly useless as both the mic and recording device clip the sound levels and the speakers on our computers couldn't reproduce the sound even if it was accurate. Only way to know what you're getting is to hear the exhaust on the same vehicle in person. Outside and in many cases especially inside the vehicle on the road. If noise and not just sound is important a sound level meter is essential.

These discussions are normally on more performance oriented car sites where guys make expensively bad choices based on sound clips and assurances that the exhaust is "no too loud" or "very slightly louder than stock." I followed that advice and pulled an $700 cat-back system OFF my Honda S2000 (OK, pseudo performance car :) ) three weeks after installing it. Was headache inducing at cruising speeds. And it was only 3 weeks as a better exhaust took a week from California. :) The guys at the high school with stanced Civics loved that exhaust though so there was a used market.

-- Chuck

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you've heard an exhaust system in the flesh you can make a good decision but sound clips are particularly useless as both the mic and recording device clip the sound levels and the speakers on our computers couldn't reproduce the sound even if it was accurate. Only way to know what you're getting is to hear the exhaust on the same vehicle in person. Outside and in many cases especially inside the vehicle on the road. If noise and not just sound is important a sound level meter is essential.

These discussions are normally on more performance oriented car sites where guys make expensively bad choices based on sound clips and assurances that the exhaust is "no too loud" or "very slightly louder than stock." I followed that advice and pulled an $700 cat-back system OFF my Honda S2000 (OK, pseudo performance car :) ) three weeks after installing it. Was headache inducing at cruising speeds. And it was only 3 weeks as a better exhaust took a week from California. :) The guys at the high school with stanced Civics loved that exhaust though so there was a used market.

-- Chuck
Jeez I bet youre a riot at parties.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire