overhead DVD/screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wondering if anyone has installed or got installed a overhead fold down screen or dvd player (aftermarket) Wife wants to get one for my daughter but I dont know if possible with overhead console and rear air in my EB... any pointers?

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Id say go with headrest tv's because your daughter will have a hard time looking at the roof the whole time, and it wont keep her attention. The headrest's are more eye level, i have a 2yr old and she loves watching her shows on the headrest tv's. You can get them pre-fab with built in dvd player so you dont have to do any cutting just replace the headrest and run a power wire

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only problem is 99 expy dont have removable headrest... front seats are a one piece and i dont wanna cut into leather.... and i dont have 3rd row seat... got rid of it so I was thinking a 15" fold down moniter

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
when i bought my expy the pre owner had one in it was just behind the rear controls, also saw one in town the otherday with a 9x16 drop screen. looked nice, prob with head rest monitors is a pain in the a$$ to run the wires clean, and they take alot of abuse

af mezkin

Reaction score
I have both a flip down 13" and 2 head rest monitors with built in DVD players for the third row in my 03. The girls 16, 15, 9, 5, and 3 yrs of age love them. I did all the installation myself, it is not that hard, you just need to figure out how you are going to rout your wires. My flip down is connected to my dvd/tv tuner that I installed in my center console. Very clean and factory looking install. If you are going the DIY route check this site out; gooddeals18.com
That is where I purchased all my parts for my Expy.

Good luck and post some pics when done.

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from some pics I have seen online most install them behind controls for rear seat... gonna have to do some digging around and take a look but running wires shouldn't be that had... I'm thinking about a 15" LCD fold down and installing my old PS2 slim for a dvd and game system... will be thinking about this until spring with my other "to-do" list for the Expy...

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was at wallworld today and almost broke down and got one, they had one jvc in there it was knocked down to 160. I should have just gotten it, im already set up to install wires are aready there, and it had all types of plugs so i could even direct wire my dash cam to it for off roading, lmao

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
offroading in a "lowrider" ROFLMAO.... but let me know if your gonna install one i want to in mine

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah you could.... just play the lottery... or look for someone that will sell theirs lifted DIRT cheap :D like someone manage on here.... LOL