P0125 Insufficient Coolant Temperature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5.4T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As the title states, im having temperature and starting problems. basically the truck never gets in the middle of the temp, and so far the starting issue has just started this month. I've change out the thermostats a year ago but the temperature still stayed about the same. what else could it be? im guessing the starting issues is related to p0125 because it also stated something about the Closed Loop Fuel Control? I was thinking it was the Engine coolant sensor? but every time I searched about the p0125 changing the thermostat was always the solution!

02 5.4 navigator

B

bedrck46

Ran across this while looking up your code

"I have been fighting this P0125 for two months by changing almost every sensor with no luck. Yesterday I changed my fuel filter and the code is gone for now."

Might be worth a try

OP
OP
5.4T

5.4T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol I saw that post, changed fuel filters 2 years old tho

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the coolant level to make sure it is correct.
Warm up engine and see what the temp is on the upper and lower coolant hoses.
(Invest in a ir pistol grip temp tool)
If the coolant is around 195 then it is the sensor. If it is colder than that then the thermostat may be stuck open.

OP
OP
5.4T

5.4T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
changed the sensor actually ran cooler, I Gave the thermostat another try and sure enough that was the problem it took about 12 min to reach operation temperature in idle............I just hope that solves the starting issue I have but I guess i'll have to wait and see.

B

bedrck46

Just had to chage my t/start also as it wasn't reaching temp

flyin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How about corrosion in the connector at the CHT or the next connector back in the harness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker