P0159 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On Christmas Eve I started getting a CEL. I hooked up my Superchips tuner and I'm getting P0159 O2 sensor circ slow response (bank2-sensor2) . I could clear it and it will come back. Sometimes within 10 miles. Sometimes a couple of hundred miles. I just ordered the O2 sensor and I will replace it.

Why do things like this happen when it's under 20 degrees?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

B

bedrck46

its just a way to punish us for not doing maintenance in the warmer months. Always seems to happen that way.

Don't fret your not alone in this

OP
OP
DF5.4

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The light hasn't come on in the last couple of months. Yesterday it came on. I have a sensor. It's the sensor on the driver side on top of the cat. I have a sensor socket but there isn't enough room for it. Has anyone changed it? Any tips?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B

bedrck46

not sure if this would work but may be worth a try Take a box end wrench of the proper size and grind a small slot in it so you can get past the wire and try that also make sure you soak the O2 sensor threads real good
Or loosen the hangers so the cat can be lowered to give you clearance

Last edited by a moderator: