P1405 DPFE Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lithiatwats

Reaction score
Evening all,

Got an intermittent CEL and DPFE CODE P1405. Is this just a straight out swap? Part costs about $60 off amazon or is this a symptom of another problem generally? Seems easy enough to fix, could be hoses, anyone got any experience of this issue.

04 EB 5.4

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check e-bay but before you do that check the condition of the hoses, and the exhaust tube to make sure it is intact. I have seen where the tube was rusted out near the exhaust manifold. Also you may want to remove the throttle body and clean out the exhaust port that goes thru the throttle body. Also check the connector at the DPFE SENSOR.

How many miles on the expy?

to replace the DPFE is just an easy swap.

Last edited:

Stanger4Life

Reaction score
The DPFE is an easy swap, but check the hoses as stated before, sometimes they are clogged. I would also recommend checking the EGR valve and cleaning that out as well. Most common problem with the EGR system is the DPFE failing. More times then not the EGR valve doesn't need to be replaced but cleaned if anything. If you have a vacuum pump you can test the EGR valve.

OP
OP
L

Lithiatwats

Reaction score
Thanks guys - will look at her on Monday. 104000 on the truck so nothing hideous. Driving fine with no apparent performance issues but will sort before they inevitably start.

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd bet you'll find that the hose(s) are shot. I got this code on my 04 while towing our 6K lb Travel Trailer up a longgggg hill. Ordered the set of 2 on Amazon for ~$8, and it was a 5 minute swap!

OP
OP
L

Lithiatwats

Reaction score
Hoses it was..... The wider bore pipe pretty much disintegrated as I touched it. Job done. thanks for the steer guys.