P260f error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred Valdez

Reaction score
My expedition runs fine, no error error dash warnings. I was going to get my smog test done so after i started expy i plugged my reader in to see if it was in a ready state but i see a P260f error on it. Have 147k on her and shes running normal an smooth. Any ideas? I dont think she'll pass with this code showing.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
My expedition runs fine, no error error dash warnings. I was going to get my smog test done so after i started expy i plugged my reader in to see if it was in a ready state but i see a P260f error on it. Have 147k on her and shes running normal an smooth. Any ideas? I dont think she'll pass with this code showing.
You will not pass with that code. Sounds like a pcm update may be your best shot to start.

Screenshot_20190309-193417_Chrome.jpg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fred, it could be as simple as your gas cap, or as complex as replacing the gas tank. Are you going to troubleshoot this vehicle, or have a shop/dealer do it for you?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fred Valdez

Fred Valdez

Reaction score
funny thing...I cleared it and it would come back...one thing I did notice that at the same time my radio was acting funny like it wouldn't turn off when i turned the car off, I had to manually pull the face off to do it (aftermarket Pioneer) and my backup camera wasnt working when I put it in reverse (only after I would pull the face off and reattach)... so I go to take my son to preschool today (deck face has been off) and decide to check if the code is still there...it isn't and the emissions monitor checks all came back good so I immediately went to test it and she passed!! Afterwhich I put the deck back on and when I came to work..sure enough, radio wouldn't shut off. I bought it from crutchfield so I''ll drop them a line and ask if its related in some way... thanks all for your responses, much appreciated..

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We've seen so many electrical problems with the addition of aftermarket products. In particular stereo and alarms. My guess is the wire you tapped for 12 volt power, needs full power for whatever emmisions item it's powering. I'd start by pulling constant hot, then the switchable one after that. You've narrowed it down, now you just have to reroute the power, best case is direct to battery, with a 30 amp or higher fuse.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk