Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mines doing it and so are 2 others I looked at today. We're all going into Ford together....

tpacheco

Reaction score
what year is your expy? My dealer which is where I bought my Expy from told me there is a 10 year 100k mile warranty om my Expy and the bubbling shouldnt be there and its Fords fault that its happening so there they agree with me, now when i asked them if its a common problem they said no they have only had 1 come in and ford replaced the hood under warranty for the guy and he had an 06 Expy (maybe this problem is common and he said that to make me think its something i caused or people around the area dont care enough to bring their vehicle back and complain), and the reason they wont warranty my hood or try to is because there is a tiny crack on the underside of the hood which aint hurting anything and was there when i bought the expy so i'm under the year and mileage limit but since its its got the crack its considered damaged and ford would claim the hood has been tampered with if they tried to warranty it, NOW I CALL BS ON THAT BUT I'M DONE OFF TO THE NEXT STEP EMAIL FORD AND OR START A PETITION AND GET FORD TO THROW OUT A WARRANTY!

its a 2010

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The response from Ford stated that it was a 5yr unlimited mile Corrosion Warranty!

All I know is my dealer told me a 10 year 100k mile warranty thats where I personally got my Info from but either way its bs that its doing it.

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I stopped by my local Ford dealer the other day and spoke with the collision center manager to pick his brain about my best course of action since my truck is 7yrs old and over 100,000 and he is just as frustrated with Ford as we are. He knows it a problem and and every time he sends something to Ford about it they tell him they arent doing anything about it! Im going to continue talking with him to see what we can get done!

And from what the response said it wouldn't be warrantied anyways because it isn't considered corrosion since its not making holes!

u.p.expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dealer also said that since there weren't any holes due to corrosion there wouldn't be coverage. I guess that means there will never be corrosion coverage on the hoods and lift gates since it will take many, many years for holes to develop in the aluminum.

Drth Vdr

Reaction score
My '08 liftgate was repainted at 34,000 miles, due to bubbling.

I think the story is this:
3 yr 36,000 mile warranty bumper to bumper covers paint issues.
corrosion warranty only covers perforation (holes in the metal) up to 100k miles.

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Local dealer says it's routine there, $450 for reusable emblems and $500 if it also has decals.

jered22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I was just washing my 2011 and noticed bubbling on my hood. Some bubbling just above the grille on the hood and another spot up the hood right below the windshield... Is this really happening on a 2011 with only 26000 miles on it? Anyone have the e-mail address to file the complaint?