Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alienxtx

Reaction score
We purchased a 2011 Expedition at the end of last year, and I just recently noticed the paint starting to bubble on the rear hatch door, right around the aluminum area above the license plate. In addition to this, we have experienced NUMEROUS other problems with our vehicle. I would NEVER recommend a Ford to anyone.

I have a 2011 and have zero issues, sometimes you just get a lemon with Ford. Now if you want a guaranteed POS go buy anything Dodge puts out..lol

rachel

Reaction score
I have a 2011 and have zero issues, sometimes you just get a lemon with Ford. Now if you want a guaranteed POS go buy anything Dodge puts out..lol

Are you sure you are not a Ford representative? :). Every time our Expedition has been in the shop (six), they have given us a Dodge as a rental. I agree, I would never buy Dodge, either. :)

Alienxtx

Reaction score
Are you sure you are not a Ford representative? :). Every time our Expedition has been in the shop (six), they have given us a Dodge as a rental. I agree, I would never buy Dodge, either. :)

No actually I'm a Toyota fan, this Expo is the first Ford I have ever owned. I had a Dodge for a rental a few weeks ago (some one hit the front of the expo) and man I was far from impressed, glad to see it go back.

dave91gt

Reaction score
Finally got the hood and hatch painted on the wifes 08. It had bubbles all along the hood lip and hatch lip, and all around the license plate. I had it as a due bill when I bought it. They thought it could be touched up but I knew better. Anyway, picked it up and the paint looks great. But I got it home and discovered they did not paint the bottom of the hood or hatch, the button for the hatch glass did not work, and the rear hatch trim was loose. So, I am planning to touch up the paint myself and I pulled the rear plastic and found they broke 4 tabs. The switch issue was because they crimped the wire on a bolt. Fixed that and was able to get the trim back on and pretty tight. Oh, I also had to detail the interior as it was FULL of sanding dust.
But, no bubbles...

dlnormedic

Reaction score
Bubbling on 2010

Hey all,

We have a 2010 we bought in 2011 as a lease buyback, it has 97000 km, and has terrible bubbling on the back door.

DGIP

Reaction score
bubbling paint

I have a 2007 el limited with the paint bubbling on the hood and where it looks to be the clear coat coming off the black paint looks very poor, almost like paint wasn't completely covered, very spotty looking. I due hvac work for a local ford dealer and their techs say its a issue they are seeing a lot of.

ExpyBillD

Reaction score
I purchased a 2007 EL Limited, approaching 125K miles ... bubbling and flaking of paint, exposing the aluminum underneath, is occurring at the lip of the rear hatch below and right of the license plate area. There are now a couple more bubbling areas, about the size of dimes, happening on each side of the license plate area. Given these doors are aluminum, it isn't corrosion or rust, it is simply bad paint job and Ford is doing the three monkey dance, "see no evil, hear no evil and speak no solution!". Considering how many complaints I see here about this problem, it would cost Ford millions to address them all.

dlnormedic

Reaction score
Update

Talked to a friend that has a 2008 with the paint bubbling. He went to our local ford dealer, who by the way, won't do warranty work even when it is clear cut. Anyways, went to the local ford dealer, and got the same line, because it is not a hole in the metal it is not covered.

They tried to tell him it was from hauling trailers. He informed them that being a former manager of a body shop, they are full of crap, he knows it is corrosion causing the problem and dared them to prove him wrong. Besides he has never hauled trailers with it, and he hauls trailers with his 1 ton Ford dually and has had no issues with the tailgate.

Anyways, they told him nothing they can do, and he is getting it fixed at a friends body shop for 400.00.

Whack

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bought a 2006 in late 2011...

Already had the issue... Salesperson pointed it out to us, and said the dealership would take care of it as part of purchase... All this well before haggling on price.

Sure enough about a week after I got it, the Body shop asked me to bring it by.

To quote the body shop and the sales guy... Front and rear are made of aluminum... didn't bond well to paint... we fix alot of them...

Considering this was the 3rd car in 3 years I bought from the chain, maybe they like me.

hpzip

Reaction score
Paint bubbling

Hi,

Please advise where to send the complaint....

Thanks,

HPZIP