Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimjim111

Reaction score
Yes I have a 2010 Ford Expedition just turned on 30,000 miles well taken care of.Last year i was washing ,I saw bubbling on the deck lid on rear .Took it to the dealer they replaced under warrenty.About 3 or 4 months ago I was putting windshield washer fluid .I touch the hood the paint fell off I saw the rust.I called Ford and talked to someone he told me to take it to a ford dealer and have it looked at.The body shop Mrg. took photos he told me he had repaired 260 of the same problems .He told me ford would not take care of it.He said they would pay a small amount .So I called ford they only wanted to pay part of the repair.I told him I would turn it over to MA Attorney General,and the better business BBB.The Attorney General wrote ford,they are waiting to here back from ford.If they can't do any thing I will take it to Small Claims court.This is bad this is my 5th Expedition .I will never buy another ford.I also tell everyone that say that is a good looking truck ,I tell them you don't want to buy a ford.They do not stand up for you like Toyota .I think I will buy a Chevy next.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes I have a 2010 Ford Expedition just turned on 30,000 miles well taken care of.Last year i was washing ,I saw bubbling on the deck lid on rear .Took it to the dealer they replaced under warrenty.About 3 or 4 months ago I was putting windshield washer fluid .I touch the hood the paint fell off I saw the rust.I called Ford and talked to someone he told me to take it to a ford dealer and have it looked at.The body shop Mrg. took photos he told me he had repaired 260 of the same problems .He told me ford would not take care of it.He said they would pay a small amount .So I called ford they only wanted to pay part of the repair.I told him I would turn it over to MA Attorney General,and the better business BBB.The Attorney General wrote ford,they are waiting to here back from ford.If they can't do any thing I will take it to Small Claims court.This is bad this is my 5th Expedition .I will never buy another ford.I also tell everyone that say that is a good looking truck ,I tell them you don't want to buy a ford.They do not stand up for you like Toyota .I think I will buy a Chevy next.
Chevy/GM is no better. Look up Vortec Piston Slap. I had to sue GM under the lemon law. My brand new 2001 Denali rattled like a diesel. They tried telling me it's normal. Great looking trucks, just hope nothing ever goes wrong. It's been my experience that hey will make any excuse not to stand behind their product.

Last edited:

Drth Vdr

Reaction score
Chevy/GM is no better. Look up Vortec Piston Slap. I had to sue GM under the lemon law. My brand new 2001 Denali rattled like a diesel. They tried telling me it's normal. Great looking trucks, just hope nothing ever goes wrong. It's been my experience that hey will make any excuse not to stand behind their product.

Just traded my wife's 09 suburban in to get back to an expedition. Prior to 60k miles we had to do new door handles, new seat heaters, a new steering rack, and finally the engine rebuilt due to oil burning (I assume related to the displacement on demand system they have). Fortunately my dealer had my back on all those but I decided to trade it while it still had some value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jimjim111

Reaction score
Problems with ford

Hi
My 2010 Expedition rear deck lid had rust .I had it repaired under warranty.
.Now I find there is rust on the hood,but it just went out of warranty .It has 30,019 miles,now rust came through the paint.Ford would not do anything.So I called the MA Attorney General they have been great to work with.If you are having trouble with ford call your Attorney General in your state.They know ford knows they have a big problem, that they don't want to take care of .We may all have a class auction Lawsuit against ford.People are also going to small claims court and winning there cases.So don't give up.One other thing don't buy any more ford products.Buy G M or Toyota
jim

jimjim111

Reaction score
Don't buy a ford,

I have a 2010 Expedition I bought new ,I have already had the rear deck lid.
Now the hood has rust on my Expedition .But it is now out of warranty.Ford will not have it repaired.The Body shop Mgr where I take it for service told me he has repaired 100's .He told me Ford would not help me so I sent he Massachusetts Attorney general they are going after ford motor company.I may get more than what the repair will cost.I have bought fords all my life.I will never buy another ford.I tell all my friends and everyone I see not to buy anything ford.ford knows it is there problem .

fiveohpoepoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
'10 EL with major bubbling over/around "chrome" piece over license plate.

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The more people that don't buy ford ,the better it is for me :) I buy them cheaper jaja
Move to Florida so your expy wount turn it a rust bucket lmao

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an 06' Expedition and I had a huge problem with the lip of my hood and the top of the hatch just like the issue Static54 has in his Expo, I took it to the local ford dealer but no Help nor answers. My Expo only has 166,000 miles. I went to NAPA spoke to a body expert and got everything I needed and took care of the issue my self. spent about $1000.00 to fix the problem...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik