Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billium59801

Reaction score
spoke with the local dealership and I was told that the corrosion warranty on my vehicle was only good for 5 years and unlimited mileage, has anyone else heard anything like this? 5 years and unlimited mileage seems kina strange to me.

Summers22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I sent all my info to FordCustSrvc over 2 weeks ago and not sure what's up. Seriously doubt they care about my situation since I bought it used. But guess what, its still a Ford and it will influence my future brand purchases. Seems shady to "put off" a customers concerns for long periods of time then say " oh, your vehicle is to old and has to many miles on it for us to help".

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went to my ford dealer few months ago, and everytime i phoned them, "No worries, we'll look into your problem". Amazing customer service.

2007 XLT, 4X4 5.4

billium59801

Reaction score
2007 expedition, vin is 1FMFU16567LA93926, 81,598 MILES my local dealer is Bitterroot Ford.
I am hesitant to put my full name and contact info in a reply, I may get unwanted messages or phone calls.
please e-mail me at [email protected] with any questions or for further info. I would like to sell the vehicle and depending on how this issue is resolved I would like to get an explorer or escape, downsizing. If this issue is not resolved in a favorable light I will go with a different make, service after the sale makes for more sales.

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, mh68.

I replied to your PM. Please check your inbox, if you haven't already. :smile:

I also plan on sending you a PM. I made an appt for next Tuesday for them to look at the paint as well as driver seat (feels loose forward and back) and a scratch on my passenger window caused by something inside the door.
Hello Static54,

I checked my inbox, and I haven't received a PM. So, I'm just checking in on you. How did it go at the dealer?

Please keep me posted on the status.

Well I sent all my info to FordCustSrvc over 2 weeks ago and not sure what's up. Seriously doubt they care about my situation since I bought it used. But guess what, its still a Ford and it will influence my future brand purchases. Seems shady to "put off" a customers concerns for long periods of time then say " oh, your vehicle is to old and has to many miles on it for us to help".
Summers22,

I responded to your last PM to me. Did you receive it?

Your product feedback has been documented. You can also submit your product feedback on Ford Social here. Designers and engineers look for feedback from customers here when planning improvements.

2007 expedition, vin is 1FMFU16567LA93926, 81,598 MILES my local dealer is Bitterroot Ford.
I am hesitant to put my full name and contact info in a reply, I may get unwanted messages or phone calls.
please e-mail me at [email protected] with any questions or for further info. I would like to sell the vehicle and depending on how this issue is resolved I would like to get an explorer or escape, downsizing. If this issue is not resolved in a favorable light I will go with a different make, service after the sale makes for more sales.
billium59801,

To protect your privacy, please delete/edit your post that contains your VIN and email address.

I’ll be glad to document your product feedback. Please PM your full name and best contact number. Once this info is received, I’ll be sure it’s noted!

Have a nice day. :biggrin:

Tricia

Last edited:

dirtrider

Reaction score
I'm the original owner of a 2003 Expedition based in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. I currently have only 77,000 miles and the vehicle has been stored in the garage for about half its life. It has never been in a crash or damaged in any way.

I had the bubbling issue with the paint on the hood after only 2 years of ownership. After a long and tiring battle lasting a couple years between Ford CS and the dealership they finally repainted the hood and a few other areas under warranty. They told me they used a 3M seam sealer product to help alleviate future problems. This could clearly be seen on the leading edge under the hood where the sheet metal panels meet. They informed me future warranty issues would be covered by 3M if the seam sealer failed.

The fix seemed to hold up 3 years max. The seam sealer is pulling off the aluminum in a line and I have bubbling and flaking paint over the front of the hood and around the license plate and bottom corners of the liftgate.

I contacted my dealer last year and provided them information on the issue. They claimed all kinds of problems honoring future warranty service including having changed their computer system and losing my records. I am meticulous though and supplied them with receipts and paperwork from the repair. They turned a cold shoulder and said my warranty with 3M was never registered; as if it was ever my responsibility to do so. The dealer is Packey Webb Ford in Downers Grove IL that used to be in Wheaton on Roosevelt road (now Packey Webb Auto Center).

Very irritating. I have extremely low mileage and take great care of my stuff as I like it to last. I'm otherwise pretty pleased with the Expedition.

I am strongly held back from buying any new Ford especially the otherwise attractive 2015 F150 that is fully aluminum due to the fact Ford cannot seem to get this paint issue right. I don't want to buy into this problem again.

I am also an aircraft owner and I find it interesting that the average age of the General Aviation fleet is 40 years old. The average aluminum skin thickness used in GA is .025" (way less than a car panel). However, these aircraft really don't ever have perforation problems, never have bubbling paint, and their paint is still largely intact even if original. They are also stored outdoors all the time in most cases. How come aircraft manufacturers could paint something 40 years ago that still has paint attached and my Ford didn't last more than 2 years until it was bubbling? There is nothing new that needs to be discovered here. Clearly Ford has not prepped the surface appropriately for proper lasting adhesion to aluminum. I predict the new aluminum F150 owners will be very disappointed in the near future.

PM sent to Ford CS here

Static54

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Milwaukee WI /Anthem, AZ / Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks, mh68.

I replied to your PM. Please check your inbox, if you haven't already. :smile:

Hello Static54,

I checked my inbox, and I haven't received a PM. So, I'm just checking in on you. How did it go at the dealer?
Sorry been busy with the holidays and traveling.

But the over all experience was terrible, terrible customer service, didn't fix an issue they said they fixed with the seat. Very little communication and when we did get a hold of them they didn't know what was going on. Took an extra 5 days longer than quoted. To top it off they bolted their license plate border around my License plate.

I should point out my terrible experience was with the local dealership and not necessarily Ford.

Last edited:

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dealer is always a dealer, always want your money, no less but more of it. Happy New Year