Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misspelledone

Reaction score
I hope you are right. But as someone who works in the industry for 20+ years, they don't care as much about repeat customers as you think. Their mindset is that for every repeat customer they lose, they will just find new ones instead. It's easier to find a new one than keep an old one. I was amazed day in and day out watching them refuse to help existing customers, but they would move the world for a potential new customer. It's part of what is wrong with the industry. The industry as a whole and their way of doing business isn't like it used to be. The dealerships don't make their fortunes on selling you the car, they make their fortune on the service afterwards.

Last edited:

dmercer3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hope you are right. But as someone who works in the industry for 20+ years, they don't care as much about repeat customers as you think. Their mindset is that for every repeat customer they lose, they will just find new ones instead. It's easier to find a new one than keep an old one. I was amazed day in and day out watching them refuse to help existing customers, but they would move the world for a potential new customer. It's part of what is wrong with the industry. The industry as a whole and their way of doing business isn't like it used to be. The dealerships don't make their fortunes on selling you the car, they make their fortune on the service afterwards.

Well said, it is the problem with the industry. Its also the difference between the uber successful and the 'too big to fail'. Real industry leaders are there because they know the value of the repeat customer, and the expense of customer acquisition.

I am still looking into a petition for us. I am also setting up a meeting with the regional Ford warranty rep.

misspelledone

Reaction score
Do we know what years this affects? What is the newest truck we have seen with the problem? Mine is an 08.

dmercer3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lets start here:

Please SHARE this; this is just a starting point but may get us the momentum and exposure of the problem we need!

Also of note: Here are two links; 1) Story covered by Chicago NBC, 2) Facebook page.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/business/Ford-Owners-Upset-About-Bad-Paint-Jobs-130218428.html
https://www.facebook.com/groups/fordpeelingpaint/

I purchased a used 2010 Expedition with 97k miles (but under the 5 years warranty period for corrosion). It has multiple points on the rear hatch of bubbling paint, which indicate corrosion. The local Ford dealer filed the warranty claim only to be denied by Ford MoCo.

That's why I created a petition to Ford Motor Company, which says:

"If you have had ANY corrosion issue with ANY Ford vehicle, while that vehicle was under the standard 5 year corrosion warranty, this petition is to gain momentum to force Ford to take action."

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

MoveOn Petitions - Ford Denied Warranty Claims for Corrosion

Thanks!

Last edited:

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it was a 5 year or 60,000 mile thing?

misspelledone

Reaction score
Regardless of mileage, this should still be fixed by Ford. This is not a result of improper care or wear and tear. It is the result of improper surface prep. So year and mileage should not matter.