painting fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i originally painted mine and the first rock chips screwed that all up. so i sanded them down and used the rustoleum undercoating stuff a couple weeks ago and it seems to be holding up okay. we will see how she does after a couple months of driving on the beach and doing some offroading with panda and talls!

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn I need warm weather to get here.... I wanna paint my flares....

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
damn I need warm weather to get here.... I wanna paint my flares....

just take them off. 1 every 15 mins so you can heat back up between them. haha and then take the boat out of the garage and work in there. problem solved! and yes nvy. i want to see how well they will hold up after some off roading! haha

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just take them off. 1 every 15 mins so you can heat back up between them. haha and then take the boat out of the garage and work in there. problem solved! and yes nvy. i want to see how well they will hold up after some off roading! haha
we need warmer weather for the paint to even have a prayer of sticking on!

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been lurking here for a while thought I would finally post.

I have a 2000 expy that got hailed out, used to be silver painted the whole truck with rustoleum top to bottom. It gets pounded with heat and snow. I have had it on there for about 2 years and it holds up great. Just thought you should know. I will post some pics in a few days if you would like?

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been lurking here for a while thought I would finally post.

I have a 2000 expy that got hailed out, used to be silver painted the whole truck with rustoleum top to bottom. It gets pounded with heat and snow. I have had it on there for about 2 years and it holds up great. Just thought you should know. I will post some pics in a few days if you would like?

Heck yeah!! Let's see some pics. How did you prep it?

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just used a sanding block and scratched the hell out of the paint rough enough for it to stick. I will get some pics up soon.

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
034.jpg

033.jpg

032.jpg

Like I said its pretty tough stuff. Let me know if you have any other questions!:D

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great. Did you remove anything or just spray it all while on the expy? How many cans did it take? 1 coat or 2?

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I originally taped off the logos and all chrome. After I sprayed it I didn't like the chrome at all so i then sprayed everything except head lights. It took about 9-10 cans to do the whole thing. I am going to put on a coat of semigloss black to give it just a tiny shine. I am just waiting for my light bar before I do. I only did 1 coat, I felt that's all it needed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50