Parts Bin Swap Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1st gen Expeditions share a lot with the F-series. Some parts are worth swapping, some parts aren't.

2003 F-150 w/7700 gvw front brake calipers to get the metal pistons instead of the plastic pistons that come in Expedition calipers.

Or a 2 core radiator with the P/N: F75Z8005GA

Who else has some good parts bin swaps?

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll probably end up searching out the 7700 T-bars when I mount the winch in the front.

On the more cosmetic side...

Lightning parts are a direct swap. I'm running Lightning wheels (knock offs) w/ spacers. I think the four spoke Lightning steering wheel should work also.

Harley style headlights bolt on (I'm running blacked out Depos). Lightning lights also work of course.

Others have mentioned the Navigator rear tail lights are a smooth style if the tri-bubble Ford tail lights bug you.

Did the Navigator have a power passenger seat? I need that if it is power.

Last edited:

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Geeze!

I was just going to ask this question tomorrow. Bookmarking it for sure.

Also 2nd Gen F-Series/Expy tow mirrors are a bolt on and look so much better, can't speak for the harness, but nothing a handy person couldn't make work.

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm still undecided on these. I like how they solve the vibrating mirror issue of the Expedition mirrors but they are rather large.

They are larger for certain, haven't actually taken delivery of my Expy yet but from a pure ascetic point of view, I'm not a fan of the stock mirrors.

houlster

Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett