People with the 07 (or newer) Expeditions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for the people who have a 07+ expedition can you guys tell me if your drivers side taillights fog up or build up condensation ?? I have an 05 but i put the 07 expedition taillights and the first left light i had fogged up every week so i bought another one and its been good so far but today it started fogging up !! does anyone else have this problem ??

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for the people who have a 07+ expedition can you guys tell me if your drivers side taillights fog up or build up condensation ?? I have an 05 but i put the 07 expedition taillights and the first left light i had fogged up every week so i bought another one and its been good so far but today it started fogging up !! does anyone else have this problem ??

Try putting a bead of silicone around the outside edge of the light, where the red part meets the rest of the housing.

OP
OP
E

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'll try that but its wierd cause its only the drivers side taillight, my first tail would fog up like crazy and have like half an inch of water at the bottom of it, this one is just builds a little bit of condesnsation

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
some fog and some dont, its all just a matter of the seal that you get from the factory. If the silicone doesnt work you could try drilling a VERY tiny hole in the bottom. I've done this on lights and its a pretty good fix.

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, wouldn't you know it???

I gave the truck a good wash and rub down with a dryer sheet getting all of the bugs and worthless tire gel off the sides of the vehicle. I asked specifically for them NOT to put that crap on the tires, but they did it anyway...

While rubbing down with a chamois, I noticed the drivers tail had some condensation in the clear reverse area. I didn't notice on the quick wash I did earlier in the week, but this time it was fairly obvious. There was no puddling in the bottom, but it still annoying. I guess I'll pull the housing tomorrow and silicone it hoping to alleviate the problem.

OP
OP
E

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, wouldn't you know it???

I gave the truck a good wash and rub down with a dryer sheet getting all of the bugs and worthless tire gel off the sides of the vehicle. I asked specifically for them NOT to put that crap on the tires, but they did it anyway...

While rubbing down with a chamois, I noticed the drivers tail had some condensation in the clear reverse area. I didn't notice on the quick wash I did earlier in the week, but this time it was fairly obvious. There was no puddling in the bottom, but it still annoying. I guess I'll pull the housing tomorrow and silicone it hoping to alleviate the problem.

yeah thats where mine build up some condensation, let me know if the silicone helps

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't have an 07, but my 03 tail light has been collecting condensation in the reverse, and something main area.

Coicidentaly, it's also the driver's side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX