Performance Chips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodrow34

Reaction score
Any thoughts???

Not looking to spend a ton of money on one but would like to get the most from my 4.6 and I was thinking this would help

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a superchips vortex 1950...$400...others here have SCT...not sure how much they cost...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't know of any 100$ chips unless your talking about the ebay chips which just trick the motor to run like it has more performance when your actually hurting the motor... the best thing would be look for a quality programmer such as edge, superchips, diablo, sct and hypertech

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would never do anything like that... my personal opinion and a few others have also had the same luck the Edge CS is awesome... besides the performance gains it will give you real time monitoring of up to 8 different parameters of your expy... well worth the money but do your own research and get the one that fits your needs

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Yea, all those "chips" are all junk. Spent that $100 on a cold air intake.

That site also sells an impeller that you put in the air intake tube to improve performance. I'm sure that introducing a blockage in the air intake will make things better... and monkeys could fly out of my butt.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree the edge cs is awsome until some punk smashes your window and takes it.....

im running the jet power programmer now $300 shipped to my door. the power is very similar to the edge but more smooth and still gives you the option to custom tune every parameter