Pet Barrier Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Cobra

Reaction score
I have a new 2021 XLT with captain chair second row. The third row stays down 99% of the time. My question is we have a fairly large male Goldador 80+ pounds that is a guide dog in training so there is rules as to where he can ride. But in the middle row what is everyone using to keep your pets from coming up between the driver and passenger front seats and also keeping them from going to the back where the 3rd row is folded down. Im not looking for anything permanent and something that can be easily removed. And thanks for any suggestions. Also what are you all doing to keep your pets out of the seats he can not ride in the seats and must stay in the floor any suggestions for that issue as well? He is still fairly young and is doing great but is still learning so he has is moments of weakness. Hes not quite a year and a half old.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have Canvasback cargo covers and I had them make a panel that blocks the space between the captain's chair backs. It Velcros in place.

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look up the cargo mat thread and check out the net thing I got off Amazon. I think it is what you seek. I keep my third row down all the time too and bring my dog to work every day.

OP
OP

03Cobra

Reaction score
Look up the cargo mat thread and check out the net thing I got off Amazon. I think it is what you seek. I keep my third row down all the time too and bring my dog to work every day.

I will take a look at that. Do you do anything to keep your dog out of the seats on the second row. I try to put something in them but have not really found a good solution yet. He is trained to stay in the floor but he is still learning and sometimes gets too excited and will jump up in the seat.

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will take a look at that. Do you do anything to keep your dog out of the seats on the second row. I try to put something in them but have not really found a good solution yet. He is trained to stay in the floor but he is still learning and sometimes gets too excited and will jump up in the seat.
My dog is 105lbs. He lays in the way back the whole time. I have boosters in the 2nd row seats anyhow. The net barrier I got was to keep him from wandering forward to lay on the floor below the 2nd row seats.