Pioneer AVH4200DVD player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys...looking to buy a Pioneer AVH4200DVD player, but on the Crutchfield site it states that it will not fit in our dash. Have any of you purchased or installed this unit into an Expedition, or installed a double din player that you had to alter the dash?

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that is an awesome deck!!! i have a 4000 looking to upgrade, the mounting depth is too deep for your expy but there is a metal factory radio support that is about 3" wide in the rear center of the mounting area and it is in the way if you cut that out then it will fit.

hardlife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed that very unit in my 02. Had to cut out the divider between the bottom of the din and the comfort controls. I unscrewed the metal braket and had to trim the useless plastic at the back that ramps down. It fits, but just. Good luck!

OP
OP
ConwayLaFamilia
Reaction score
Hey thanks actually installled it last night. I encountered the same metal bracket you did, but mine was made of hardened plastic. I used a drill and handsaw to cut just enough for my unit to fit in the dash, and I had to trim the black subdash the radio sits in. All in all looks great, I have to go back into the dash Friday when I install my subwoofers and amps, Ill do a little more trimming to get it perfect. Im ordering the Metra dash kit to close the small gaps on the sides, and Im going to cover them with tan felt beforehand to make it blend with the dash and really look factory. But I couldnt be happier great unit, great truck. Install was a piece of cake... Installing 2 Kicker 12" CompVR subs and KickerZX amplifer Friday...

97EB5.4

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures? what did you do to secure the HU into the dash to prevent it from moving around or theft for that matter?

OP
OP
ConwayLaFamilia
Reaction score
Ill post pictures later wife has my truck at work. As far as the head unit moving around, its in there snug and doesnt have room to move at all...when I was filinhg the dash down Id stop periodically and try it to see how much more had to file, so its a very snug fit. As for theft, out trucks come with an alarm, at least mine did, but I also have an aftermarket alarm/remote start installed also...