PLEASE HELP A/C Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwkwak3

Reaction score
Please HELP. I have a 2002 Expedition Eddie Bauer Edt. I have the EATC and when I press Max A/C all the air blows out the defrost vents. I have replaced the vaccum hose under the hood and it did not fix the problem.
Here is what I know I have watched the blend door actuator and when I press any other setting the plunger will move and close the door to move the air to the proper location. However when Max A/C is pressed the plunger move the air to the defrost vents.
Question is it my EATC or am I stuck putting it in the shop to locate the actual problem. One other note is that I have 5 vaccum lines leading from the EATC is the correct amount because I have one open hole.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
to the rest of the controls work when not on max a/c like vent/defrost/floor??? and regular a/c works ok if so it will be the brain of the system im not sure if it can be reflashed or if it has to be replaced

OP
OP
J

jwkwak3

Reaction score
Yes all the other controls works. The buttons I have are as follows
Max A/C Vent, Pannel/Floor, Floor, Defrost. Everything works except Max A/C.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would get it into a shop and let them diag it... im still thinking it is the brain of the system

OP
OP
J

jwkwak3

Reaction score
When you say brain are you refering to EATC or the computer. I ran a diagnostic on the EATC and it showed no codes

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the EATC no codes doesnt always mean there is no problem. also can you see if the recirc actuator and door are moving since max a/c is only a recirculating function

OP
OP
J

jwkwak3

Reaction score
Will have to check the door and actuator(if I can find them) I just went to the Junk Yard and purchased a used EATC for 75.00 gonna try that. The only door I know of is at behind the AC vents and I can push on it and then the ac will work

supermario

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the EATC? Becus my bro 2001 Eddi Bauer does the exact same thing. But his started blowin the cold ac air through the defrost vents once in a while, but now its starting to blow the ac out the defrost everytime.

DeltonaExp

Reaction score
I have a 99 EB. mine does the same thing for a couple of minutes then swwitches to the vents. I figure its just to cool the air at the hotest points first (top of the truck) then the rest of the truck. Did you let it run for a while to see if it does start goinng through the vents? I would be interested to find out the out come.

Maybe mine is starting to develop the same issue as yours???