please , need help immediately!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

daddiojiggy

hi to all. i am in the middle of getting an E.B.('06) and i need ti know if i can change the second row seat configuration. it currently has quad buckets but i need the 40/20/40 seats for the middle row.is this a simple switch or do i need to do something to the floorpan in order for the seats to fit?any help is appreciated.:)

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is this at the dealership? If so, I'd look at how the bucket seats are bolted in one truck and then look at how the seats are bolted in the bench seating arrangement. The location of where its bolts should be the same, but I'd check to be sure.

Can't you get the dealer to switch it out for you?

OP
OP
D

daddiojiggy

switching by the dealer isn't the question right now. i need to know if it can be done and if it's a simple matter of swapping.if i need to alter the floor pan , then i don't think i would go this route. it's a great deal but only if i can swap to the 40/20/40 config. the dealer doesn't know anything but they say they 'can't see why it wouldn't work'. i need more than that.

OP
OP
D

daddiojiggy

sure ! but what will you do about the holes left behind. pm me if you're serious. i would need all the hardware as well. hey do you have a pic of your expy with those 18's?

XR4Ti

Reaction score
Any update on this? I too am looking at doing the exact same thing (swap cap'ns chairs for a bench on a 2006).

On the surface, it looks like things should line up -- the bench is, after all, 3 separate seats. All I could see is potentially having to remove the inner arm rests.

Those more educated, please let me know!

Last edited:

XR4Ti

Reaction score
FYI, one thing that just occurred to me that perhaps you guys can answer -- do the 2nd row captains chairs fold forward like the 2nd row bench seats for extra storage space?

Also, do they fold forward to gain access to the 3rd row or do you have to walk through the passageway between the two seats? I presume it's the former since the Navigator comes with a centre console in the 2nd row.

Chrolle

Reaction score
I have an 06 EB with the Bench seats and i like and dislike them.

I took it in for service as i just bought it and the brakes had a recall. The loaner they gave me for this week is an 06 EB with every option and it has the same seats as mny except it has capt chairs where mine has the bench. From what ive seen the capt chairs fold as well. The rear bench in this loaner as well as mine has automated rear folding seats.

I would be interested in trading out my bench seat for some captains as well. They would need to be brand new though as my rig has 200 miles and the bench has never been sat in. From what i was told when i asked yesterday the seats can be switched at the dealer.