Polish or replace headlight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyray

Reaction score
There is? Where can I get one??

EDIT: Just did a quick google search. You just need a 4mm socket and a 1/4 drive ratchet.

I tried the 4mm socket and a 1/4 drive but couldn't get it to fit without forcing it in. I got one from Amazon for $15.00 it's called Headlight Adjusting Ratchet for Ford. It will also work on the side to side adjustment.

nfbOUV3.jpg

Maximus

Reaction score
Replace them. But DO NOT buy aftermarket projector headlights, those projectors are straight up garbage and provide virtually zero down-road light. If you want projector Headlights you're gonna have to Retrofit them.

That being said, I recommend buying Housings with a clear lens and getting them wrapped in some protection vinyl.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had this set in my 97 expedition and they were great!

Pair Set Headlights Headlamps Replacement for Ford F-Series Pickup Truck Expedition SUV 3L3Z13008DA 3L3Z13008CA https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B008G3KG70/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-dZiCbQ3YFHK1

I got a set of Wagner 9007BLX bulbs for the head lamps and Philips 9145CV bulbs for.the fog lamps off Rock auto, so for less than $100 total for everything in bad peace of mind, and VERY bright lights.

Idahokid

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ended up buying a pair of like new stock lenses and it’s better than what I had for sure.Then used a extravision Sylvania bulb and it’s much improved even after I polished the original lenses.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I had this set in my 97 expedition and they were great!

Pair Set Headlights Headlamps Replacement for Ford F-Series Pickup Truck Expedition SUV 3L3Z13008DA 3L3Z13008CA https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B008G3KG70/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-dZiCbQ3YFHK1

I got a set of Wagner 9007BLX bulbs for the head lamps and Philips 9145CV bulbs for.the fog lamps off Rock auto, so for less than $100 total for everything in bad peace of mind, and VERY bright lights.

How long have you had these? The reviews say the last only two years or so. Mine are original and never replaced a single bulb except one on the running board. The one under the hood is original and still works although it does flicker sometimes.

I’m. Thinking of getting the lightning lamps and turn indicators but just get new oem bulbs from the dealer.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are going to replace anyway why not waste 15 minutes and see if you can get them nice.

600 grit wetsand them then 1000. You can try 1000 first but I have always been fine with 600.
Then I use a wool buffer pad and rubbing compound. Meguiar's Ultimate should work. I use Pro Ultimate Cutter. Or one of the light kits will work and they have small bottles of headlight polish at walmart too.
Buff them then buff with clean cloth, repeat once or twice.
They will look great.
Use the headlight protect spray if you want or put some sunscreen on them or some 303 protectant or mask and spray some clear coat form a can on them.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How long have you had these? The reviews say the last only two years or so. Mine are original and never replaced a single bulb except one on the running board. The one under the hood is original and still works although it does flicker sometimes.

I’m. Thinking of getting the lightning lamps and turn indicators but just get new oem bulbs from the dealer.

I had them for about 3 years and never showed any fogging or issues.