pop from tranny and now leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98ebex54

Reaction score
last night as i was driving my expy i heard a loud (almost like a pop) come from the passenger side of the truck i pulled over cuz i thought i might of blown a tire but got out and saw nothing, so i proceeded with my day and today as i was driving her somebody pulled up next to me and said yur leaking something bad so i pulled over and noticed i was leaking tranny fluid pretty damn bad, does anybody have an idea of what could of "popped" from the tranny to make it leak pretty bad? the leak is coming from the passenger side of the truck, btw she has the 5.4 liter! please help if possible!!!

huklebuk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only way to know for sure is to drop the pan and take a look. If you are leaking bad enough that someone noticed you should be able to see it when you drop it.

dgna5

Reaction score
Check cooling Lines? also 2 yrs ago when warm I was DUMPING Tranny fluid ti was the TQ (torque conv.) Never heard ne "POP" but I drive like a damn fool and always have music loud. Except after I just worked on her)..

Last edited: