Power lock issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselPhreak

Reaction score
On the '03 I picked up, power locks have suddenly stopped working along with the hatch glass release. Checking fuses with any relationship to the locks and not finding anything. I get a click-pause-click when I push the buttons in either direction. I'm going to assume this is a relay going on and off. A relay that I can't quite seem to find. I'm going to rule out actuators, as they all died at the same time. No other issues that I can think are possibly related in any way. I'm kind of new to the whole VSM thing, would I be hearing the relay turn on if the VSM is bad?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2003's seem to have many electrical issues. How did you check the fuses? If you just pulled them out to look at them see the link for testing fuses in the electrical section on the forum.

OP
OP
DieselPhreak

DieselPhreak

Reaction score
I test fuses. My side business is Ham and CB radio repair. I'm good with electrical work, but not so much on these computer controls. I know I really need to get off my Duff and buy a service manual, but this being a system that worked well and then suddenly completely failed makes me think this is probably not something overly complicated. I suppose I should add that it has an Excalibur alarm system added by a previous owner. It hasn't given me an issue yet, so I'm hesitant to remove it. The lock/unlock buttons on the Excalibur keyfob also fail to move the locks.