Power Running boards. I did a thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Soo after replacing one of my wife’s running board motors last year. And it seizing up. Again. And the other side. Going so slow. I did a thing. Let’s see how long it lasts now. Both are working great!!
I also cleaned and lubed all the other pivots.

6E605BB0-7C71-4683-90CB-A555FC79250F.jpeg

92DFBD02-9006-4677-8449-F6A576F43B16.jpeg

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We've got to appreciate the effort but I'm not 100% sure that's where the binding takes place. My '17(boughtnew Nov 16) has 105K on it and twice a year I spray the linkage with Motorcycle chain oil. It has a carrier fluid that carries the lube everywhere, before it evaporates leaving the lube in place.

jeff

OP
OP
mbtech2003

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Having just put the grease in those areas first. And it working. I can tell you That is where my binding was going on.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would assume he installed a zerk and shot grease into the area he suspects causing the issue...based off the fresh grease on the fitting.

Linksvu

Reaction score
Really, I give up.
Yes, really. "I did a thing" does not describe: that the fitting wasn't there already for some who can't look at their own right away; if it was best to remove the motor or not; if so, the process to remove; how deep to drill, maybe there is a motor directly inside the housing; what grease was used and why; where are the other "pivot points"; was the work done with the boards up or down; I'm sure something was learned during the process, what?

As these forums are a reference library for all of us, it's great to add detail and explanation. Let's try not to be a *****, mm'k.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, really. "I did a thing" does not describe: that the fitting wasn't there already for some who can't look at their own right away; if it was best to remove the motor or not; if so, the process to remove; how deep to drill, maybe there is a motor directly inside the housing; what grease was used and why; where are the other "pivot points"; was the work done with the boards up or down; I'm sure something was learned during the process, what?

As these forums are a reference library for all of us, it's great to add detail and explanation. Let's try not to be a *****, mm'k.
You took "really, I give up" wrong, it was directly to the OP not you and I don't know what mm'k is. I was actually agreeing with you and I still don't know what the OP is talking about.

Linksvu

Reaction score
You took "really, I give up" wrong, it was directly to the OP not you and I don't know what mm'k is. I was actually agreeing with you and I still don't know what the OP is talking about.
My apologies for the wrong assumption then. No hard feelings.