power running boards ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atmasters

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wondering how reliable the powered running boards are. I have them on my 2011 and we use them all the time because my kids need them. Will they last ?

eddiemoney

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not from what I researched and they are super expensive to repair -

OP
OP
A

atmasters

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So they are prone to fail then is what you are saying ? Ya cant see them being cheep to fix lol.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have them on my 08 Limited with 70k miles and have no problems. Granted I have personally only owned it for a few months now but I beat them up pretty good I think. Although I did see an Eddie Bauer with them stuck in the down position doing 60 down the Hwy the other day. Looked terrible. I have asked this too but mine feel pretty solid and I literally jump on mine.

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 2011 EL LIMITED that i use for limousine service and door gets open 50 times per day and they still work. We have 2007 Lincoln Navigator with 300K plus miles and they still work. What is the key? Every oil change lubricate the hinges with white lithium grease. What breaks them? Usually ice and frozen snow stuck between hinges which makes motor work harder and they fail.

OP
OP
A

atmasters

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 2011 EL LIMITED that i use for limousine service and door gets open 50 times per day and they still work. We have 2007 Lincoln Navigator with 300K plus miles and they still work. What is the key? Every oil change lubricate the hinges with white lithium grease. What breaks them? Usually ice and frozen snow stuck between hinges which makes motor work harder and they fail.

Thats great advice thanks will have to do that.

jglopic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had one side replaced after an accident. The Ford part is $2500 for the full step assembly (the only way it is available).