Pricing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snozberries

Reaction score
So I just stumbled upon this yourmechanic.com site. Was sort of thinking it was a gimmick, but I filled out a few forms to get quotes and wanted to see what you guys think.

For 300 they will change my spark plugs and ignition coils. That includes the cost of the coils which is why it seemed like a deal to me, but I'll be providing the plugs for that price.

It seems like 8 ignition coils can cost 200 bucks easy, so again it seemed like a deal. What do you guys think?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i paid $700 at the dealership for the 100K maintenance that included what u want done...transmission fuild change and some more stuff i dont remember at the moment...buy motorcraft cops and let them do it...

chucks97expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me too. I had a hell of a time getting to the back four plugs and cop's.

csdangerous

Reaction score
so i did the same thing...got a quote at yourmechanic.com...did a little research...spoke with an actual human on the phone...my price at 331 was quoted with only ONE coil. explained that my engine has 8 COP's and 8 plugs, and price quote jumped to over 900 bucks. Definitely make sure that they have exactly what parts you need before you have a tech come out. you can supply your own parts and have them do the work, but you won't get the warranty with it. seems like a good service for those who need it, but i'm just gonna buy the COP's and plugs and do it myself.

OP
OP
S

snozberries

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.

I'll check in on that issue. I hope that's not the case but that would make more sense I guess.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you buy the parts, you also have the benefit of knowing they are new and not out of old trucks too. Be careful of that stuff with internet services, they can be hard to track down.