Problem with 2004 expedition EB AC line part number...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cookieman00x

Reaction score
I hate for my first post to be one asking for help but I've been a lurker for the past month that I have owned my expedition.

I picked up an 04 expedition Eddie Bauer with 45k on it last month and with the crazy winter storms and working for the electric company I haven't had much time to really check it out.

Last weekend I was adjusting my DDM Hid headlights on the wall of a dark building and I noticed that the A/C Compressor was turning on and off while the car was running. Meanwhile the car did not have the AC turned on (being 20 degrees). My assumption was that the car had no refrigerant in the lines, and the compressor is trying to keep moisture from building up.

After I got home I looked under the car and noticed that the AC line that runs from condenser to the evaporator was cut and someone used a piece of hose and clamps to put it back together. I'll get a picture of it when I get home tonight. Physically the hose goes from the passenger side bumper, under the car and into the evaporator just behind the radiator on the drivers side.

I cant seem to find a vehicle specific diagram that shows the part number anywhere. Can anyone help me out with a diagram or part number?

B

bedrck46

Go to fordparts.com enter your vin number or year make model and then click on HVAC to find parts and part numbers

Even in the cold temps if you had your heating controls on the A/C compressor will cycle as it is parts of the defroster cycle

B

bedrck46

Looking at the print of the system the AC line that runs from condenser to the evaporator has the A/C receiver/drier in it. Check to see if it has been removed

B

bedrck46

1 19860 A/C evaporator core
2 19C734 A/C thermostatic cycling switch
3 19849 Thermostatic expansion valve
4 19835 Thermostatic expansion valve manifold and tube assembly
5 19D701 Low side charge valve port
6 19D734 Compressor manifold and tube assembly
7 19703 A/C compressor
8 19D644 A/C pressure relief valve
9 19D594 A/C pressure sensor
10 — Low pressure vapor
11 — High pressure vapor
12 — Low pressure liquid
13 — High pressure liquid
14 19712 A/C condenser core
15 19959 A/C receiver/drier
16 19D701 High side charge valve port

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

Cookieman00x

Reaction score
Thanks for the good info guys.

The more that I look at the diagrams and the actual locations, I believe the part I may be looking at could be a transmission cooler line.

Edit: turns out thats exactly what it is...

Auto Trans Oil Cooler Tube

7C410

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

the bottom of the radiator does contain a trans cooler and they do use rubber hose. being the A/C unit was cycling when you had the engine running would be normal if you had the heat on in the cabin. Suggest you read the owners manual to get a better understanding of how the system works. If you don't have the owners manual you can download one from owner.ford.com

OP
OP
C

Cookieman00x

Reaction score
Well, the hose was metal (looks just like an AC line) with a rubber junction and there was another hose over it with worm clamps holding it on. I'm guessing it was a quick solution to a leak. Part was only $30 and ill do a filter and fluid change on the trans while I have it apart. Thanks for the info, I believe there is an owners manual in the car.